Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings v BMuff

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, I thought he was our best player today (or should I say least worst). He put in some useful tackles, mopped up a lot of loose balls and, after Propper went off, played more forward and put a few decent passes in.

I can see why people like Bissouma - he looks exciting, makes a couple of decent runs and has a nice touch. But he also gives the ball away a lot (his losing possession has been responsible for a few goals this season). I think he'll get better but he's some way from the finished article.

No doubt about the two worst performances today: Knockaert and Propper seemed to be having a competition to see who could be more abysmal. To say they had shockers is a bit too kind.

In the cut and thrust of 38 vital PL games, Bissouma’s too much of an indisciplined loose cannon, too much to learn, to start with. Allied with the nothingness of Propper, we have virtually no PL standard CM. No wonder even bottom half teams now roll up the Amex knowing they’re going to control the game and win.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
AK is a marmite player, always has been, always will be, his Achilles heel has always been a small brain and a Gallic temperament. Today was no surprise.

Propper however, has habitually been played out of position, been one of our better players, consistently, and has 'bad games' gets slated etc. . . . He still starts in his best position for the Netherlands. . . . Who aren't that shabby.

Players, like musicians and race drivers, play up for a leader, a team and a winner. CH has been all that as a player, but As a manager not, different eras.

I think there's a disparity between vision and expectation, notably betwixt players and management. . . . . He's,losing and lost his generals, he still has a few loyal cannon fodder, but the new ranks, at first team level haven't found him.

No doubt about the two worst performances today: Knockaert and Propper seemed to be having a competition to see who could be more abysmal. To say they had shockers is a bit too kind.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm surprised by some of the low marks for Stephens
Not for the first time he was left on his own in midfield with Bissouma who is still finding his feet and goes absent for large periods of time and Propper who looks disinterested and doesn't want the ball. Most of our problems come from the midfield 3 and it's not down to Stephens. I know people moan that he always passes backwards but maybe if Propper wanted the ball and made a run then he would have someone to pass to.

Not for the first time, you have to wonder what Kayal has to do to get a start ahead of Propper.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 5. Made one save.
Montoya 4. Looks okay on the ball but playing for Barcelona and Valencia doesn't prepare you for being under the sort of pressure we put ourselves under.
Duffy and Dunk both 6. Not their best day but still throwing themselves in the way of everything when others had thrown in the towel.
Bernardo 6. Being dragged down to the others' level.
Knockaert 3. All passion, no brain. Has forgotten how to cross and is a disciplinary liability.
Bissouma 4. Love him, but we won't stay up if he stays in the team.
Stephens 5. Often had nobody to pass to.
Propper.0. Skill but no heart. We need people to fight and run the extra yard.
Locadia 3. Got into good positions but when it became obvious nobody had seen his runs he needed to go looking for the ball.
Andone 3. Isolated but maybe needs to stew on the bench and get annoyed because he isn't starting then have some impact as a sub.

Subs: Murray 4. Showed as a target but what can he do on his own?
Izquierdo 3. Not the player he was. If he ever was.

Go back and have a look at their defending for the (crucial) first goal. They both launch themselves at whoever made the assist. Together. And simultaneously. I can't think of anything more dreadful for a CB partnership to do. And to think that our PL stability has been founded on Dunk 'n' Duffy for 18 months.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Go back and have a look at their defending for the (crucial) first goal. They both launch themselves at whoever made the assist. Together. And simultaneously. I can't think of anything more dreadful for a CB partnership to do. And to think that our PL stability has been founded on Dunk 'n' Duffy for 18 months.

It was Duffy’s poor and needless ‘pass’ which turned possession over cheaply directly leading to their first, to be fair though he had no movement at all in front of him so tried to force it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you mean the time on the halfway line, he got the ball right in the bollocks.. I was level with it :)

Laid on the floor as they attacked got up as soon as we had it, received the ball and run with it. Sorry these tarts need to grow a pair

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was Duffy’s poor and needless ‘pass’ which turned possession over cheaply directly leading to their first, to be fair though he had no movement at all in front of him so tried to force it.

A poor and needless pass followed by a phantom leg injury when he couldn’t decide if it hurt or not.

More and more managers have worked out Dunk and now expose and isolate him in one on one situations

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Laid on the floor as they attacked got up as soon as we had it, received the ball and run with it. Sorry these tarts need to grow a pair

This comment about Stephens could easily have been attributed to Montoya in the first half

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This comment about Stephens could easily have been attributed to Montoya in the first half

I call out all of them that do it

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ryan 0
Montoya 0
Dunk 0
Duffy 0
Bernardo 0
Bissouma 0
Stephens 0
Propper 0
Knockaert 0
Locadia 0
Andone 0

Murray 0
Izquierdo 0

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I actually thought that with dunks performance against the England centre forward today actually showed why the big clubs haven't really come in for him.

He was hassled and bullied by a far better footballer and shown up to be fair.

Defence were ripped apart by a fluid fast sharp attacking force and they got no help from a weak midfield.

If andone and locadia are worth over £25 million, football has gone stark raving mad!
Don't worry Dave, nobody is going to pay us £25m to take those two shithouse anonymous "strikers" off our hands. Not even Stoke.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Penny has dropped for a few blinkered Propper fans over the last few games, the ones I speak to anyway.

He's not a bad player by any stretch, but he has the urgency of a three-toed sloth. He suits the Dutch league where players rarely break into a jog, let alone press.

Warren Aspinall said he had watched a few Dutch games and thought he could still get a game over there as the pace was so slow! B'mouth got Wilson from Coventry for less than £4m and Brooks from Sheff Utd for £11m, both miles better that the £30m we spent on AJ and JL. WTF are our recruitment team doing?

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Everyone 10/10, Alireza Jahanbakhsh 0.

I’m actually glad he was on the bench today, so that some of you don’t blame the loss on him, and you hopefully start seeing some of the midfield and defensive tasks he does well that are sorry missed in his absence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here