Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone a video of...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The reaction from the crowd when Potter came over after the match? What a roar.

Best chant of the day was "we are winning away, we are winning away, how shit must you be, we are winning away".

Not for me, Clive. Was one of the worst. By all means sing it in a sort of resigned, ironic way when we're as crap as we were last season. But in the midst of an excellent, exciting away performance which achieved three points, it's just not right to sing that. It's derogatory to the players. We've moved on. Let's move on with the songs.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Best chant of the day was "we are winning away, we are winning away, how shit must you be, we are winning away".

Are you serious? A good few of us were saying how much we detest that song at half time.

Remember it being sung at West Ham and Fulham last season. That went well.

"We're going to win the league" was funny though.

I

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Class today. Barely heard Watford. I see Harry the Hornet (the one that made Zaha cry) still bangs a drum mid game - still never seen anything like that from a mascot anywhere else!!!!

Harry the hornet is still my favourite mascot. Love his to touch line antics and he even clapped the away end yesterday after the final whistle before returning to the home fans.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
The drum playing has been going on a while well before the Zaha classic. It isn't the same person though, he retired (or was he pushed, cant remember) last season

I thought that he said he would stand down however the dancing looked the same to me. Maybe it is the same person.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
In all honesty,I hate this chant.

Yep, not a fan of tired old, unoriginal ‘We’re winning away.’ I’m the least prudish person on the planet, but I’m at the same time not into the use of the F word being used in the ‘We’re f/ing brilliant’ chant, it just jars a bit; appreciate no other word is going to work - jolly, bloody etc. but...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yep, not a fan of tired old, unoriginal ‘We’re winning away.’ I’m the least prudish person on the planet, but I’m at the same time not into the use of the F word being used in the ‘We’re f/ing brilliant’ chant, it just jars a bit; appreciate no other word is going to work - jolly, bloody etc. but...

Yes, the F word is super nawty and should be BANNED from football stadia.

Perhaps the next step is to invest in SAR so we can eliminate it from the stands to make it a better game for all.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Yes, the F word is super nawty and should be BANNED from football stadia.

Perhaps the next step is to invest in SAR so we can eliminate it from the stands to make it a better game for all.

Predictable juvenile response. I’m the last person who’d advocate sanitising anything, and am perversely a fan of ‘2-0 and you ****ed it up,’ just not that particular chant though. Strange world eh?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anyone who thinks the “How shit must you be” chant is good is a moron.
Especially the timing of it yesterday. Some morons, some kids and some too far gone on booze or drugs.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
The reaction from the crowd when Potter came over after the match? What a roar.

Well done all round chaps. Outstanding singing. Great game, lovely weekend!

Buzzing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Totally disagree with this - I hate this song because it completely undermines our team and is saying we’re shit. Don’t think our lads will appreciate keep hearing that sung about them to be honest.

On the other hand, loved the “we’re gonna win the league” chant !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Totally disagree with this - I hate this song because it completely undermines our team and is saying we’re shit. Don’t think our lads will appreciate keep hearing that sung about them to be honest.

And can I point out that we won away three times in the Premier League last season, at Newcastle, Huddersfield and some other place that slips my mind, as well as Bournemouth and West Brom in the FA Cup. Millwall too on penalties. So it doesn't even make much sense.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Good point, it’s also unoriginal and widely used, although not quite (imho) as bad as the likes of “Same old Arsenal, always cheating” that is not only crap, but erroneously suggests we have significant experience of playing them down the years. The best chants are typically the ones personal to the club, any club, and GOSBTS was fantastic yesterday, as were the ones about individual players.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

I agree with your disagreement, and I always enjoy sing “we’re going to win the league”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here