Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It really depends on his attitude up until the European deadline doesn’t it?

If he is back tomorrow, cap in hand pledging his allegiances to Palace alongside another new contract and big payrise, all could be well in your garden.

However, if the likes of Napoli & Bayern come knocking, you’ll have another month of this. He really won’t want to get injured like Sane either if he thinks he has a chance of a European adventure so I might choose to sit August out.

No way he will go anywhere now even if European clubs come in with £80m+ as palace cannot replace him. Was very surprised palace did not cash in with the Everton deal football is a funny game and anything could happen from injury to form that sees that price tag reduce significantly over the course of the season

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I’m guessing Euro clubs can’t use a player trade as part of the deal, due to the registration issue? So it’s cash only?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I told all of you he would stay and stay he has.
Watch him terrorise defences this season and btw he owes you

Didn't take long for this utter cock to re-appear. What part of "I am putting in a transfer request as I want to leave" don't you understand? Actually don't answer that as you're too fvckin stupid.

He's staying as he had no choice. As you well know. Bet he's well happy tonight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No way he will go anywhere now even if European clubs come in with £80m+ as palace cannot replace him.

If he goes all Saido though, they might just want to get him out and bring in an U23 for the sake of the dressing room. They could have another Wan-Biss in the wings just waiting to prove themselves.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Now that the SEGW has begun to openly trade insults with Parish I would love to be a (blue and white) fly on the wall of oddity roundaheights HQ as Parish holds talks with prospective American financiers.

“Say Steve...ain’t that guy kicking shit out of the changing room your star player?”

Parish: “erm...yes...yes it is”

“Anyhoo...must get back to Heathrow...cab please”

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
"His beef is with the owners and the chairman... they haven’t been able to work a deal out for him. I am looking forward to seeing him back tomorrow and hopefully he will have come to terms with the fact that he has another season with Crystal Palace.

:lolol:

Lovely stuff Roy. Lovely.

Talking about you again
https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279631

They were banging on about Murray for a very long time

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Didn't take long for this utter cock to re-appear. What part of "I am putting in a transfer request as I want to leave" don't you understand? Actually don't answer that as you're too fvckin stupid.

He's staying as he had no choice. As you well know. Bet he's well happy tonight.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is a lay he January window....with Palarse hovering around the relegation zone Wilfredo will be banging on the managers door demanding to leave

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is a lay he January window....with Palarse hovering around the relegation zone Wilfredo will be banging on the managers door demanding to leave

Better even than that....the window might be shut but this one is going to run and run. Chelsea confident of being able to buy again in January and planning to swoop, but Zaha apparently so pissed off he might look to go abroad sooner. The entertainment hasn't finished yet by a long way :)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/09/football-transfer-rumours-wilfried-zaha-chelsea

The Premier League’s summer transfer window might have only just closed but planning for the next one is already under way, with the Sun splashing the story that Chelsea will make an £80m move for Wilfried Zaha in January “if they succeed in having their transfer ban overturned”. Even as transfer tittle-tattle goes this seems somewhat flimsy, with a significant hole where the evidence of Chelsea’s interest should be (“Chelsea, who are convinced they can escape a transfer ban and start buying players again in the new year, will be alerted to Zaha’s predicament,” is the strongest it gets), but clearly the winger wants to leave Crystal Palace, and apparently the Eagles “have reluctantly agreed to revisit his future in January”. He may have to wait a little bit longer if he wants to move to Stamford Bridge, with the Telegraph also mentioning Chelsea’s interest and saying they “may suggest he waits for them to make an offer for him next summer, when their transfer ban has expired”.

The Mail reports the tactics used by Palace to keep Everton at bay were occasionally rather extreme. “At one point Everton were struggling to get Palace to answer their calls and Selhurst Park bosses were ‘dodging them every way possible’ such was the club’s determination to hang on to their prized asset,” it writes, conjuring images of negotiators locking themselves in the broom cupboard, sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting “la la la” for several hours of Thursday afternoon.

The battle may not yet be over, with the Telegraph saying he may now move abroad. “Zaha remains adamant he wants to leave and, with the transfer window still open for other major European leagues until the beginning of next month, there remains the possibility of other bids being submitted. The issue for Palace is they cannot now sign a replacement even if a club match their valuation.”

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

There's a few thousand more as stupid as him up the road.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The thought of Parish hiding behind the couch shouting “Don’t answer it” at his bewildered secretary will sustain me in the months ahead.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
The Mail reports the tactics used by Palace to keep Everton at bay were occasionally rather extreme. “At one point Everton were struggling to get Palace to answer their calls and Selhurst Park bosses were ‘dodging them every way possible’ such was the club’s determination to hang on to their prized asset,” it writes, conjuring images of negotiators locking themselves in the broom cupboard, sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting “la la la” for several hours of Thursday afternoon.

And at the precise same time, Everton managed to contact Palace sufficiently to complete the sale of McCarthy. :D

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Imagine if he goes on loan to Germany or somewhere. Their season is truly screwed before it has even started. Even if he stays he is going to be even more sulky than normal. Their best bet would have been to not be so greedy, let him go to Everton or whoever for a reasonable (not ridiculous) price and just get on with rebuilding during the window.

Their problem is it has been obvious for several seasons that Zaha makes them a one man team, and rather than doing anything abut that they have played to it. His ability has papered over the cracks of a failing club and now they are in massive do dos.

Shame. Massive shame. :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Their problem is it has been obvious for several seasons that Zaha makes them a one man team

And before any Nigels come on here attempting to rebuff that statement, the facts back it up.

From BBC Website: The Eagles talisman has missed just 15 league matches since 1 January, 2017 - and in those games the Eagles have won only six points from a possible 45.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here