Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He cheated. End of debate.

He got caught (his players got caught).

Broad and Anderson in 2010-
"I've no doubt that if a player from another country did the same we'd have said they were cheating" Nasser

Atherton was also fined for rubbing dirt into the ball, as I am sure you know.

What the three Aussies did was daft as a brush, but that kind of cheating has been going on for ages.
He might be thick as shit but he's an outstanding batsman whatever you think about that incident. He served his time, and he s now taking the Aussies to a defendable total single handledly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can't believe the dickheads booing Smith's century. Why do they go to watch top class cricket? Wankers.

Don’t you go booing any diving cheats at the Amex next season then Tom.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He got caught (his players got caught).

Broad and Anderson in 2010-

What the three Aussies did was daft as a brush, but that kind of cheating has been going on for ages.
He might be thick as shit but he's an outstanding batsman whatever you think about that incident. He served his time, and he s now taking the Aussies to a defendable total single handledly.

Let's not forget he lied about it when initially caught too, and denied the full extent of their cheating until later. We'll never know who long they've been pulling this shit either.

He is an outstanding batsmen - which makes it even worse, that one of the world's best batsmen with that much natural ability would cheat like that. **** him, I would have boo'd until I was hoarse today!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shane Warne making the point we're not even trying to get Smith out now. The last few overs have just been 9 men on the boundary trying to get him off strike, and even that's not working.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Root is a brilliant player. But he isn’t a captain. He’s like Bairstow. Likes to moan. Review things without thinking. You need to add pressure and have players close to smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Comparing that with sandpaper is laughable.

Sorry, when did we take sandpaper onto the pitch?

He might be thick as shit but he's an outstanding batsman whatever you think about that incident.
So? We're not allowed to boo because he's a good batsmen?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Comparing that with sandpaper is laughable.

Sorry, when did we take sandpaper onto the pitch?

So? We're not allowed to boo because he's a good batsmen?

Obviously I don't wanna endlessly argue over these things, but I would actually say dirt is very similar to sandpaper.
Different strokes.

Smith gone now.
Massive test for the openers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Great time to finish their innings, 5-6 overs to negotiate at the end of the day against a team who will be completely up for it...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here