Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The return of capital punishment?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
capital punishment is somthing no country that likes to see itself as civilised should ever contemplate its barbaric

LR what are you doing asking such a question is buissness slow for you at the moment?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
With our society turning more and more away from killing animals, (even for food) i think it's more likely our society will start to get offended by, and therefore turn against the brutal killing of vegetables for food, (in the same way we are starting to turn against meat consumption) rather than ever bringing back capital punishment.

These poor defenseless vegetables which are often killed when they've reached their prime don't receive any humane treatment prior to their 'harvesting' to prevent their suffering, instead as they are just cruelly removed from their natural environment by machinery (in most cases) and then left to wither and die slowly, or exposed to very low temperatures to freeze them when they are still alive - just to meet our nutritional needs without a single thought towards how scared they will be or how much they will suffer after being 'picked' or how their seeing other vegetables being picked before them will make them feel (highly stressed no doubt)
This reminded me of the movie Sausage Party, hilarious!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Anyone advocating a return of capital punishment should look long and hard at this picture of George Stinney. A 14 year old executed for the murder of 2 14 year old girls in the states. He has now been proven completely innocent. Look at his face and then think about what you are suggesting and whether executing people is a good idea.

f2b89a3d13a0049d2fba9553834b27cb.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone advocating a return of capital punishment should look long and hard at this picture of George Stinney. A 14 year old executed for the murder of 2 14 year old girls in the states. He has now been proven completely innocent. Look at his face and then think about what you are suggesting and whether executing people is a good idea.

Indeed, it sounds a great idea to just wipe out a scum bag but you cant trust any government, especially ours not to plant evidence for their convenience

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And if that image isn't enough then read the account of his execution - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stinney

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d make the scumbags watch an entire season of Love Island. That’ll make them think about their actions.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes , yes and thrice yes

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Statistically, most murder victims know their killers. Most of these have complicated and horrible back stories. A battered wife reaching breaking point and stabbing a ****ish husband shouldn't even get porridge.

What hacks me off is that emergency service personnel often feel unsafe. That is completely unacceptable. Quite frankly, someone assaulting an A&E nurse should be slotted on the spot. Plenty of CCTV so no need for a trial. You could even wheel the stiff straight to the incinerator, so nice and cost efficient.

You can't 'deter' agony of the moment actions but you can make people think twice before being an utter scumbag to medics, plod and firefighters.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Why should the murder of a police officer have a more severe punishment than the murder of any other citizen?

And to answer your question, no. Long gone are the Middle Ages.

I agree no to capital punishment.

With regards to killing a policeman, imo it doent mean anymore from a morality stand point, just like it wouldnt mean anymore if it was an old person, religious figure, a hero of some sorts or Joe Bloggs from down the street was murdered.

BUT fact is we do care more when certain people are killed. Deliberately killing a policeman is also a statement, like a clear indication of not giving a fu*k about the law, if a person is willing to deliberately kill a protector of the law and accept everything that rightly or wrongly comes with it (you know how the police look after their own and the extra harsh sentences the courts give out to cop killers) then I can see why they are handed a harsher sentence.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Look around the world and see which countries still kill people.
Then decide if that is the type of company you want your country to keep.

Civilized nations do not kill people.
Civilized people do not want their government to kill people.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Indeed, it sounds a great idea to just wipe out a scum bag but you cant trust any government, especially ours not to plant evidence for their convenience

No need for our government to plant evidence when people are being convicted through sheer incompetance, lack of funding and dog whistle newspaper articles.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This begs the old question (and I'm playing Devil's Advocate here...)

If a man broke into your home and murdered your wife and children, then tried to murder you (thought he had, but you survived..), and when you woke up to find you had lost everything in your world - would you think "I'd like to see him getting pizza once a week, access to a gym, TV and a Playstation, play pool, cook, do a few degree courses, and get Christmas Dinner every year.." - or would you wish him dead, like your wife and children were, because he killed them?

Just a question, not an argument. :)
I would never wish anyone dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here