Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Happy jumping blonde triplets day!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, its A-level results day.

Best of luck to anyone on here awaiting their (or their offspring's) results.

Hope you all get what you deserve / need. :thumbsup:

*despite what the papers have you believe, teenagers OTHER than pretty blondes are in fact, also entitled to sit these exams...

Always posh looking as well.

Hope all connected to NSC got what they wanted (youngsters and parents). If not, it's not the end of the world, there are always options and more than one way to skin a cat. Please note that cat-skinning is no longer a career choice!

I believe it still is in Croydon.

I had to provide a self addressed postcard for my "O" level results, kids today etc.

"A" level result nerves are for this time next year, GCSE results are awaited for next Thursday. That's what becomes of the Potting offspring being born in two consecutive school years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
60s actually. And children were 30-40 years later.

Ah OK, maybe there was a time gap when sending them by post was the order of the day. I certainly don't remember seeing pictures of blondes getting their results until the 80s

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I probably go further back than you but in the mid-70s you waited at home for the postie to arrive. The idea of going into school would have been weird.

I was on holiday when my O Level results arrived so I got them several days later.

It seems strange to think about this now when people get their results instantly

Yes, in the 60s, we had to provide the school with a stamped postcard, write our subjects on it, and then the school would fill in the results and put them in the post. The postman knew before I did. I only did O levels.

My granddaughter is getting her A level results from Reigate college via email today. I've sent her a text asking what they are. I may or may not get an answer.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, in the 60s, we had to provide the school with a stamped postcard, write our subjects on it, and then the school would fill in the results and put them in the post. The postman knew before I did. I only did O levels.

My granddaughter is getting her A level results from Reigate college via email today. I've sent her a text asking what they are. I may or may not get an answer.

Why, is she likely to be downing a yard of double diamond in the boozer like her grandmother!

Good luck hope she gets what she wants.��

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why, is she likely to be downing a yard of double diamond in the boozer like her grandmother!

Good luck hope she gets what she wants.��

I don't like beer, try half a cider.

The reason is a long story, which I won't go into here.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
They all get them on line, in the safety of their own homes / beds. Mine came and woke us up at 6.00am to tell us his. The days of all trooping off to school / college to collect a piece of paper are past.

Any idea if this is the same for the GCSEs next week? Only ask as my lad has been told to go to his school & collect them at 10.30, but we have to let Welbeck Military College know online by 11am what hes got, or they start offering places around to others on the waiting list if its in late. If he gets his results early online it would make our morning a lot less stressful!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Any idea if this is the same for the GCSEs next week? Only ask as my lad has been told to go to his school & collect them at 10.30, but we have to let Welbeck Military College know online by 11am what hes got, or they start offering places around to others on the waiting list if its in late. If he gets his results early online it would make our morning a lot less stressful!!

The other smaller GCCM is having to traipse into school the old-fashioned way next week for his GCSE results. I presume that's the case with other schools?

The other smaller GCCM is having to traipse into school the old-fashioned way next week for his GCSE results. I presume that's the case with other schools?

Same here - sure they can get them "online" but I think it is something of a social event (for both pupils and their tutors) and for many (like youngest Potting) who are not going in to sixth form and will be continuing their further education elsewhere to say "goodbyes".

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
They all get them on line, in the safety of their own homes / beds. Mine came and woke us up at 6.00am to tell us his. The days of all trooping off to school / college to collect a piece of paper are past.

My daughter had to go into her school in Billingshurst to get her results this morning. She wasn't too stressed as she already had an unconditional offer at Winchester. She got ACD and is off to do a History degree.
Hope everyone else is happy with their results and enjoys their next year, whatever they are doing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My daughter had to go into her school in Billingshurst to get her results this morning. She wasn't too stressed as she already had an unconditional offer at Winchester. She got ACD and is off to do a History degree.
Hope everyone else is happy with their results and enjoys their next year, whatever they are doing.

My lad also had an unconditional offer at Winchester, but decided against it (as he's been on the bus to Winchester every day for two years, to his 6th Form college, and wanted something new).

Its such a great, compact town though - I'm sure she'll have a great time.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Same here - sure they can get them "online" but I think it is something of a social event (for both pupils and their tutors) and for many (like youngest Potting) who are not going in to sixth form and will be continuing their further education elsewhere to say "goodbyes".

If he didn't have to get the results to his college within 30 minutes of finding out Im sure he would use it as a social event! He wont even have time to celebrate or commiserate though until Welbeck have them registered on their system, and hes told 24 hours later if hes in!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he didn't have to get the results to his college within 30 minutes of finding out Im sure he would use it as a social event! He wont even have time to celebrate or commiserate though until Welbeck have them registered on their system, and hes told 24 hours later if hes in!

Seems an unnecessarily stressful process.

Best of luck

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well Miss W got BBC and has managed to secure her place at Sussex so all happiness in the WS household. Now awaiting GCSE results for the eldest Master Westdene.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
17303086-7359021-Students_celebrate_their_results_at_King_Edward_VI_High_School_f-a-99_1565853843064.jpg

17307092-7359021-Students_at_Roedean_School_in_Brighton_celebrate_their_A_level_r-m-279_1565860510072.jpg

17311800-7359021-image-a-20_1565867990018.jpg

Textbook, in the Mail (obvs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here