Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Mentioning Hemed as a possible striking option seems to indicate you have written off Locadia and Andone.

Not at all. I just think Hemed is currently the closest natural replacement for Murray (if injured or suspended) as a loan central striker.

Andone and Locadia have much to offer but from the evidence so far neither are ideally suited to playing as a target man like Murray does. In my view Hemed is the closest we have to him.

Locadia I really think could come good this year after some promising performances in pre-season but by his own admission is not a great header of the ball.

Unless Hemed is sold or used as a make weight in a transfer deal, I think he has to be included in the 25 as an option, otherwise what is point in just loaning him out again?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not at all. I just think Hemed is currently the closest natural replacement for Murray (if injured or suspended) as a loan central striker.

Andone and Locadia have much to offer but from the evidence so far neither are ideally suited to playing as a target man like Murray does. In my view Hemed is the closest we have to him.

Locadia I really think could come good this year after some promising performances in pre-season but by his own admission is not a great header of the ball.

Unless Hemed is sold or used as a make weight in a transfer deal, I think he has to be included in the 25 as an option, otherwise what is point in just loaning him out again?

A loan fee, presumably.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Naylor confirms multiple names in the frame not just Webster, Maupay etc

https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/status/1156828532401737729?s=21

In fairness, anyone could have said that with a very high likelihood of being correct. Of course we're trying to sign players - we know the Albion use a cluster approach. Doesn't really take us forward does it. Sadly, I think that's AN trying to stay in the conversation with a bit of old journo non-speak. And I'm sure he is correct.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
In fairness, anyone could have said that with a very high likelihood of being correct. Of course we're trying to sign players - we know the Albion use a cluster approach. Doesn't really take us forward does it. Sadly, I think that's AN trying to stay in the conversation with a bit of old journo non-speak. And I'm sure he is correct.

AN has never said things just for the sake of it, can’t see him starting now. He is still a journalist and will now probably have more artistic licence then when he was shackled to the Argus. I thin Brian Owen May have Avery tough job now as news needs to be instant these days and the Argus seem very slow and far behind breaking stories.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
AN has never said things just for the sake of it, can’t see him starting now. He is still a journalist and will now probably have more artistic licence then when he was shackled to the Argus. I thin Brian Owen May have Avery tough job now as news needs to be instant these days and the Argus seem very slow and far behind breaking stories.

He does need to attract a new audience though doesn't he. I imagine he's quite conflicted if he does have some real news - use it to show he's still "got it" but risk peeing off the Albion.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Obviously would like one or two more incomings but ultimately am happy with what we've got. The club obviously felt the defence needed strengthening as their priority and who am I to argue - I don't see what goes on in training every day. Hopefully Murray will stay fit and we always have Hemed if required.

One right back in the whole club. Same 1-2 goal central midfield. 35 year old leading the line.

We've not improved the squad that finished 17th last year, one iota so far

You're easy to please.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
One right back in the whole club. Same 1-2 goal central midfield. 35 year old leading the line.

We've not improved the squad that finished 17th last year, one iota so far

You're easy to please.

and you are a veritable ray of flimmin sunshine

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here