[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
LoL.....

I removed Trossard the previous week after Fulham bullied him for 45 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's back in for me, have to wait until the Valencia game I suppose, as a decider :thumbsup::

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe more like one and a half, unfortunately...........................

(and no, I wasn't in the CH out camp)

Was considering the season as a whole....
As they don’t finish or start halfway through [emoji2][emoji106]

Edit - I know you were a CH supporter, don’t have any problem anyone who wanted him out, it’s only the offensive ones....

Oh and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] because he seems a decent chap.... and I’m worried he’s coming for me re Schelotto [emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

el punal

I didn’t go to the game but watched the highlights on the club site. I must admit just from that small footage we looked pretty decent. I decided I would get an “opposition” view and read the Birmingham Mail match report. Satisfying comments such as :

“ Tough lesson for Blues . . . . . Blues well beaten . . . . Very much second best to a team who were well drilled.”

I know it was just a pre-season friendly but for those comments to be made from a neutral perspective is encouraging news.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My quote was as vague as yours.

Agree re PoS in the championship . . . . But he's never quite made the grade (neither have some others) at PL level . . .the rare occaisions he did are pretty much offset by the damage done by being stupid and getting sent off/banned.

Most of the time he was average at best, hogging it, head down, not passing, not succeeding . . . . And relying on an experienced intelligent head in Bruno to manage him on the pitch. As a winger (in my youth) I love flair players . . . . But not selfish ones, nor wreckless ones damaging to the team.

March is better . . . .Trossard has already shown enough to suggest he is too. I wish AK all the the best and he is a BHA legend for the time, but we move onward, and hopefully upward.

Our best player in the championship and one who looked one of our better players last year. Yeah, right.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Agree re PoS in the championship . . . . But he's never quite made the grade (neither have some others) at PL level . . .the rare occaisions he did are pretty much offset by the damage done by being stupid and getting sent off/banned.

Most of the time he was average at best, hogging it, head down, not passing, not succeeding . . . . And relying on an experienced intelligent head in Bruno to manage him on the pitch. As a winger (in my youth) I love flair players . . . . But not selfish ones, nor wreckless ones damaging to the team.

March is better . . . .Trossard has already shown enough to suggest he is too. I wish AK all the the best and he is a BHA legend for the time, but we move onward, and hopefully upward.

AK had the best stats of any of our wingers. So I would say March is not better.

Stumpy Tim

AK had the best stats of any of our wingers. So I would say March is not better.

He had 3 assists in open play, one of which was when he miscontrolled the ball & Duffy scored the rebound against Man Utd. The other 3 assists were set-pieces that Gross would have taken if fit. March had more assists from open play.

AK will rightly be remembered as a legend, but this myth that he was our best winger last season should be challenged

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Very debatable.
Wreckless - he certainly was twice....

You obviously weren’t at the Fulham game when Trossard was a mies away from an average Knockaert performance. But only time will tell on that one, and his set-piece delivery looks better.

I thought from other threads, that the stats suggested Knockaert was our most prolific winger in the PL, so not getting the March argument.

All opinions....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He had 3 assists in open play, one of which was when he miscontrolled the ball & Duffy scored the rebound against Man Utd. The other 3 assists were set-pieces that Gross would have taken if fit. March had more assists from open play.

AK will rightly be remembered as a legend, but this myth that he was our best winger last season should be challenged

Does the one against Huddersfield count as a set-piece then?

Are we getting into what does and doesn’t count?

Not a myth for me.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I read them on the AK leaving thread, they were widely spoken of and i didn't see anyone argue with them. Therefore if they were quoted correctly, AK was our best winger. It's also not correct as someone suggested, to disregard some assists 'as if Gross was playing, he'd have taken the free kicks' or whatever. That would apply to any footballer's stats whoever they were and whoever they played for.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I read them on the AK leaving thread, they were widely spoken of and i didn't see anyone argue with them. Therefore if they were quoted correctly, AK was our best winger. It's also not correct as someone suggested, to disregard some assists 'as if Gross was playing, he'd have taken the free kicks' or whatever. That would apply to any footballer's stats whoever they were and whoever they played for.

Didn’t think I was imagining it and ‘yes’, whilst ‘open play’ is an argument, surely the counter argument is the definition of open play?

I’m sorry Knockaert has gone and hope Trossard can improve the team, but he has a tough job on his hands....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For all our sakes I do hope AK teeny-tiny goals/assists figures get encapsulated quite quickly this season, by a couple of players.

It would be nice to take them, and the oh so predictable pearl clutching when (if) he starts banging them in for Fulham, off the table so we can just remember the player with the affection we all have for him.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
More assists last year in
Less games than Zaha and he is worth 100 trillion. Think he did ok when he played last year, could have done better, but did ok. Think he is a superb Championship player and we all expected more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here