Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Thread : England Women vs USA Womens World Cup Semifinal

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
English players losing their heads and giving away daft tackles. Heads might’ve gone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

5F7E7DB8-C2F2-4B87-B87E-A1AB6BC04E58.png

?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m all for VAR, far better than the huge miscarriages of football justice every season and over the years.

BUT, in time it will temper the spontaneous goal celebrations of players, supporters and the bench. Replaced with a nervous wait to see if the video person finds any prior infringement.

Currently there is always the flick of the eyes to the assistant to see if his/her flag us up...now gawd knows...might be going out for a drink on the concourse and come back in before any celebration

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unfortunately looks like the girls have inherited the normal England trait of bottling it when the pressure hits! Just like the men!

Nonsense. US side are very good and we’ve run them close. Don’t think you understand what “bottling it” means.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unfortunately looks like the girls have inherited the normal England trait of bottling it when the pressure hits! Just like the men!

We have had a goal disallowed and missed a penalty.

And if White hadn't been fouled for the penalty, I think it would have been 2-2.

I hate the Yanks.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Or the Yanks have been and still are by far the best team in the world, as everyone already knew, bar the naturally biased BBC and good old fashioned hype. No shame in narrowly losing to the very best.

They are massively a better side, totally agree. Still think we have a mentality of failing when the pressure hits (mainly the men!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very unlucky & should be proud of their achievements. Well done ladies.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bloody yanks. Hate them

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Already said they are not using it for pens and the current VAR handball rule.

Typical - they get it the wrong way round! No problem with it being used to spot penalties where the ref missed the foul or off the ball infringement (not the stupid hand ball rule though) - it's offside they shouldn't use it for!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Point taken - I guess that’s a different conversation, in that I feel offside should be the “daylight” rule, not this bollocks that someone is offside if they have a longer nose than their opponent and it’s being seen from a certain angle. It’s a complete nonsense.

Spot on.

I've been saying that they need to reverse the rule, if any part of the body, excluding arms, is onside then you're onside.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Currently there is always the flick of the eyes to the assistant to see if his/her flag us up...now gawd knows...might be going out for a drink and come back in before any celebration

:thumbsup:

I make that glance for a lino’s flag, learnt after a lifetime of watching football, it’s the final check (my Albion mad son doesn’t remember to do just yet, leading to belated disappointments :down:).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here