Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Message from club today...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
All fan accounts need to have a unique e-mail address.

What's that all about?

No doubt there is some advantage to Barber but just hassle for fans.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Difficult when you have 3 kids. Email addresses for kids 2 and over now needed?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To try and stop people signing up multiple times under assumed names to resell tickets to City fans, I would imagine.

To try and stop people signing up multiple times under assumed names to resell tickets to City fans, I would imagine.

Nah, you could just create many email addresses. This does cause issues for those with younger kids who have not got an email address yet, but in all honesty, it's no hardship to open a gmail one for them and set up a forward to your own

wealdgull

NSC Patreon
Dec 7, 2017

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Makes no sense to me and I’ve read it three times.

My assumption is that for example if the same
Email address has been used as the registered email for two separate unique fan numbers then it’s best to use a unique one for each fan number.

Why I’ve no idea but I guess we’ll be told at some point.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Data is king and is the new GOLD

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This is possibly Fusion's legacy. As [MENTION=36220]wealdgull[/MENTION] says if you're with gmail you can easily do the USERNAME+EXTRABIT@gmail to make an additional address that goes to your account.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strange - I use BIG companies, far bigger than the club, ( Amazon and GiffGaff to name but two ) with which my children have accounts but my email address is used for each of their accounts. What makes the Albion so special to need unique email addresses ? Ridiculous.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
What's the big deal ? It's just an email account, hardly difficult to set up the + as described above or any other hotmail, yahoo gmail etc etc.
Jeez, first world problems eh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Strange - I use BIG companies, far bigger than the club, ( Amazon and GiffGaff to name but two ) with which my children have accounts but my email address is used for each of their accounts. What makes the Albion so special to need unique email addresses ? Ridiculous.

Really? You log into Amazon with email address (generally anyway - a few may use mobile number), which is what the club are moving to, and rightly so I'd say.

Authentication systems that require users to remember a proprietary username, even with browser saving of login details, is a pain in the arse.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nah, you could just create many email addresses. This does cause issues for those with younger kids who have not got an email address yet, but in all honesty, it's no hardship to open a gmail one for them and set up a forward to your own
Didn't say it would work but that would be my guess given the timing. Maybe GDPR as well so one person unsubscribing doesn't affect multiple accounts. Maybe they are moving to a new email marketing company like the one we used that use email address as a primary key making DD price rise emails a pain in the butt.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't say it would work but that would be my guess given the timing. Maybe GDPR as well so one person unsubscribing doesn't affect multiple accounts. Maybe they are moving to a new email marketing company like the one we used that use email address as a primary key making DD price rise emails a pain in the butt.

They say why: "It is especially important that the email address is correct, as this will be the new login username."

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Re-reading the email it doesn't say each fan number HAS to have a separate email address and you can still have multiple accounts on one email address. It is just your ticketing site username will be an email address, not fan number, so if you want to keep things separate you will have to use a unique email address for each fan number. No where in the email does it say this is mandatory.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They say why: "It is especially important that the email address is correct, as this will be the new login username."

Then that would make sense - although not sure why I haven't received one. Maybe because I don't have duplicates.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Surely the point of this is to get away from the system where you need to know your fan number to log in. Which is a pain if you only log in occasionally- you won’t know it by heart so need to keep it somewhere to refer to.

You do know your email address, so it’s less hassle to use that. As per 99% of websites.

I’m guessing, but seems logical to me- I don’t know why they went with the fan number as username in the first place.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I bleeding hate being told things are changing without any logical reason or explanation given for it.

It's like the stance politicians take of avoiding the issue and question. If the club actually came out and
said "it's because some ***** are abusing the current system" - I'd have a lot more respect for them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here