Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you be happy for the Albion to lose the match if it stopped Palace winning a trophy?

Who would you want to win?

• Albion win

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Albion lose

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • Draw/Don't care etc.

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With respect, this is one of the stupidest things I’ve read on here. The one thing worse than Palace winning a trophy would be them always reminding us that we helped them do it!

You do read some strange things on NSC sometimes......:nono:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I see that a lot of Palace voting on the poll - where have they been hiding?

Certainly nearly 50% of NSC are non-Brighton fans as they've voted to see Brighton lose. Didn't realise the proportion was that high tbh. They can't all be Palace fans surely?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But wouldn't it be better if we could always remind them that they only won it because of us? We win, Palace win too but are forever in our debt?

No. If Palace win a trophy it will be through their own efforts over the course of the campaign, and because they were good enough to win it. Their rivals weren't good enough and their last game resulted in a defeat. That's what they'll tell us. The fact their rivals last game was against us was simply a quirk of the fixture list.

And bloody hell if it's the League even finishing second will be enough for them to rub it in.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
A Brighton win, of course, and the pleasure of telling them that they only won the title because of us!!
Because my complete and total loathing of Palace is actually exceeded by my visceral, indomitable, gut-wrenching loathing of the sad money fuelled corporate top-six procession that modern football has become, and any team who breaks into that, even Palace, has done the game a huge favour.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I dont understand the continued Palace hate , they are just A.N.Other team we have to beat to stay in the prem . Its fine to make fun of how their club is run , banter between fans is fine and its great to not like them but to hate another team so much you want your own team to lose its just sad.

Lets win our own games and not worry ourselves or work ourselves into unnecessary lather about other teams.

It makes a lot of sense when you write it down like that..... but its just not how I feel nor how I will ever feel. Palace are interwoven into my Brighton-supporting DNA.

To be clear though, the 'hate' is pantomime, and always should be

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If Palace missing out on some glory or having a large dose of misery heaped on them and our own fixture was meaningless to us, then I would be more than happy to see the Albion defeated.

I despise Man Utd completely, but I actively "supported" them in the FA Cup Final a few years back just because they were playing Palace.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A more likely scenario then:

If it was the final day of the season, and we were already safe, and our last game of the season was vs Cardiff, and Palace needed us to beat them to have a chance of staying up....

...I'd laugh my tits off if we lost and sent them down. Sorry. I just would.

You were saying....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You were saying....

...I was saying/describing a hypothetical situation. And I still would laugh my tits off if that scenario happened, as would you, if it happened.

Sorry, whats your point ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
...I was saying/describing a hypothetical situation. And I still would laugh my tits off if that scenario happened, as would you, if it happened.

Sorry, whats your point ?

Irony ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

So you've actually gone to the bother of trawling back 10 weeks to dig out a post from a thread on a rival teams messageboard, the point of which hasn't even altered since the day it was posted anyway. Genius.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A more likely scenario then:

If it was the final day of the season, and we were already safe, and our last game of the season was vs Cardiff, and Palace needed us to beat them to have a chance of staying up....

...I'd laugh my tits off if we lost and sent them down. Sorry. I just would.

I just might as well :)

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not looking great for you guys at present. But... I still think there is 4 points for you in an erratic Wolves side and a Newcastle team with bugger all to play for.

As much as the majority of Palace fans wouldn't mind us jogging around at Cardiff and taking a 1 nil loss, the players are professionals and I beleive will just get on with trying to win a game of football.

Enjoying the meltdown on here though :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So you've actually gone to the bother of trawling back 10 weeks to dig out a post from a thread on a rival teams messageboard, the point of which hasn't even altered since the day it was posted anyway. Genius.

No bother, my pleasure.
How many bans have you had on the bbs ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No bother, my pleasure.
How many bans have you had on the bbs ?

2 or 3 I think. You sensitive lambs do get a bit aggy on there though, before climbing up on your high horses and branding folk you don't even know as being 'paedos, racists, drunkards, tramps' etc. Its only mainly the arselickers who get to stay and be abused on there.

No biggee. I don't miss it, and I know you won't miss me. But its sweet that you've come over here to stalk me anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here