Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We'll beat Wolves

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The OP is so far from reality I’ve conjured up that scene in a Bridge Too Far when the lunatics from a bombed out asylum stumble onto the battlefield!

Spare us this empty headed phoney belief that we can survive. It’s simply not going to happen. Have you not been watching since December?!!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
They're almost as bad as us, their record against the bottom 6 is absolutely rancid, hell even Huddersfield took 6 points off them and we have a great record against them.

A win on Saturday and all the knee jerk reactions and embarrassing histrionics on here can stop and we can return to a semblance of normality looking forward to another season of EPL football.

:ascarf:

I don't think I have seen a more inappropriate use of the phrease "knee jerk reaction".

Any other club Hughton would have been out weeks, maybe months ago. I think its incredible and a credit to Brighton fans, that the proper boos only started in the last two games. Hardly knee jerk considering the crap we've had to sit through this season.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
In the vain of would you take a draw now polls, would you take a 4-3 loss now, particularly if it was a good loss?

We would have scored a number of goals and our goal difference would not have taken another beating? It would potentially put us in a better mood for Newcastle too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We have to score a goal to win a game of football.... I love your optimism but I cant see another goal let alone another point currently

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have to score a goal to win a game of football.... I love your optimism but I cant see another goal let alone another point currently

We have to try to believe in it though. No point in us quitting, even if we feel the players have.

Hope we show them a roaring reception on Saturday. We really can play a part in this.

When you are playing well, the crowd probably don't make that big a difference. When you are down on your knees, THAT is when supporters can make a difference.

I hope we get to the end of the season, and as supporters we reflect that we couldn't have done anymore to lift the team. Let's absolutely get our end rocking on Saturday.:albion2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't think I have seen a more inappropriate use of the phrease "knee jerk reaction".

Any other club Hughton would have been out weeks, maybe months ago. I think its incredible and a credit to Brighton fans, that the proper boos only started in the last two games. Hardly knee jerk considering the crap we've had to sit through this season.

We're 17th in the PL, remind me where we were when Hughton took over and where we were 10, 15, 20 years ago???

Some 'supporters' have very short memories.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We'd stand more of a chance if we were taking on a team made up of actual wolves.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We're 17th in the PL, remind me where we were when Hughton took over and where we were 10, 15, 20 years ago???

Some 'supporters' have very short memories.

We're so obsessed with the past here. Never forget. BUT...
Look at the investment. Look at where we are now. We need progression. CH has undoubtedly achieved that, but he's clearly, CLEARLY, taken us as far as he can.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We couldn’t score at home against a relegation placed side, and you expect us to beat a safe side away?:fishing::fishing:

Yes I do, because there was a massive amount of pressure on us and Cardiff were desperate for a win, we performed poorly. There is still massive pressure in that we're in a relegation battle but judging by the comments on here no-one gives us a chance so in a perverse way the pressure is less, plus Wolves have nothing to play for. I think the semi defeat has knocked the stuffing out of them and their record against fellow strugglers is absolutely dire. They're there for the taking and we're not going to go on losing forever, I think it will turn on Saturday, I really do.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We're so obsessed with the past here. Never forget. BUT...
Look at the investment. Look at where we are now. We need progression. CH has undoubtedly achieved that, but he's clearly, CLEARLY, taken us as far as he can.

I disagree, you never get a perfect upward curve, there are always bumps and troughs in the road and you will see from other promoted sides, often the 2nd season is more difficult than the first. Huddersfield are your perfect example of this. We've made mistakes, some of the signings last summer weren't good enough but we need to learn from those mistakes and be better for it next season. I'm also not sure if you get rid of Hughton exactly who is better out there, whoever comes in will have to work on one of the smallest budgets in the division.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i will be there …
just hope we try something different …
no idea what and i have little idea who will play …
where there is a will there is a way .

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We are more likely to get a point or even win than Cardiff are to beat or draw with Liverpool !! aren`t we ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here