Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A couple of misjudged signings doesn’t cause abject performances like the last 3 home games.

Agree,

But when the manager sticks one of our centre backs up front with 5 minutes to go, yet still has a €13 million striker on the bench, it really says it all - about our recruitment - and our manager.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We were almost in the top 10 in December thanks to some unexpected flukey wins. We were nowhere near as good as that position suggested. Well clear of relegation, going along ok-ish, then Hughton puts on the brakes with both feet and tells everybody " just don't lose'. For good measure he took out all the forward gears and applied the parking brake.

How does Dunk go from playing for England to looking Non League in a few months?

Bye Bye Hughton.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My biggest concern is how we just don't look attractive to potential attacking talent. I'm not sure we can fully judge the likes of Locadia and Andone when they're shackled in defensive duties and barely get a run in the team.

Murray is good at defending, so that's why we're shoving him on in place of Andone... it is woeful.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agree,

But when the manager sticks one of our centre backs up front with 5 minutes to go, yet still has a €13 million striker on the bench, it really says it all - about our recruitment - and our manager.

I think it says more about the manager. The players we've recruited have shown in the first season and a half that we're capable at this level, particularly at home against the mid-lower table teams: we were organised, hard working and bloody hard to score against. Since giving away that 2-0 against West Ham and more signifcantly that capitulation against Fulham, the players have looked all over the place and seemed to have completely lost faith in the direction that they were being given.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bournemouth signed Brooks from Sheff Utd in the summer for near enough £10 million. How would our fans have reacted if we spent that on a player who had played one season in the Championship

We'd have been a bit surprised we were spending that much for a player for the U23s, that's all. If he'd done well, we'd have been speculating on whether he'd go to Luton on loan next season, or somewhere else.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Because one or two teams make a league......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only two teams look like winning the prem this year, one the year before, two before that, plus, there is likely to be only two English clubs in the champions league. This league is not as strong as people make out

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Only two teams look like winning the prem this year, one the year before, two before that, plus, there is likely to be only two English clubs in the champions league. This league is not as strong as people make out

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Though all four in the quarter finals would suggest otherwise, as would most pundits and the UEFA ranking system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here