Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Team in training today?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mental motivation is what's needed now. Then, during the Summer, get the squad fit enough to actually chase and press during a game.

funny thing, i recall story/thread about this being done last summer, how they'd focused on fitness to be able to press more and see out games stronger. i said at time thats all very well if you have players instructed to press, something we dont seem to do under Hughton.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The usual routine is a recovery session at Lancing the day after a home game. Don't see why that would be any different this weekend.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ok you instagram/twitter stalkers were the team hauled in for training today? I would hope not to see pictures of them smiling and laughing as I have been Mr Grumpy all day....

Seems none of the team have posted publicly on social media since the match.

Jul 7, 2003
Seems none of the team have posted publicly on social media since the match.

Naylor said that the players were not made available to the press - I would guess they have all had a social media ban imposed on them as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bringing the players in for extra training after a bad result was a 60s thing modern thinking is that they need R &R more so. I would expect if they were brought in it would be to watch a video of the game and discuss the faults.
It was only today

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ok you instagram/twitter stalkers were the team hauled in for training today? I would hope not to see pictures of them smiling and laughing as I have been Mr Grumpy all day....

They've been creeping back onto social media today, few instagram stories:

kjkBvED.png

dEVZXLt.png

NTYFJdk.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They've been creeping back onto social media today, few instagram stories:

NTYFJdk.png

Has Big Jurg tried playing football with his glasses on?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Part of the training could be forcing them into watching Saturdays horror show v Plucky!

Hopefully the whole squad were strapped into chairs with their eyelids forced open Clockwork Orange stylee for a minimum of three re-runs of the whole 94 minutes. And then once more to make sure they were fully aware of how shit they all were. Hughton gets a bonus 94 minutes.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Didn't CH say at the beginning of this season we would become more of a pressing side ?
Still waiting for that to happen

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

We were. For the first half of the season. See the points tally. Then we ran out of puff (and fit players) and got deeper and deeper...eventually into the mire.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here