Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

Would you take a point now if offered it?

• Yes, we are shit so this is our best chance of staying up

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • No, Cardiff are as shit as us and a win pretty much guarantees safety

Votes: 180 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
0 - 0 or 4 - 4

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
No wonder negative Chris has so many supporters amongst our fanbase, those who are voting him to stay as our manager are clearly of the opinion that our players cannot raise their game to a level that will beat even the worst teams in this division.

I beg to differ.

If someone like Klopp, Eddie Howe or even the new Saints manager Ralph Hasenhüttl came in to manage our lot I'd guarantee you we'd play at a level way better than what we are now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were SO shit and clueless on Saturday that I currently have zero faith we can turn it around so quickly. Bissouma and Stephens were featured in the Argus prior to the Bournemouth game basically saying how unacceptable the Saints performance was and how they were determined to dig deep to make sure it didn’t happen again. Then what happened.

Yep I’ll be happy with a point at the moment, that will obviously change if I see a dramatic improvement tomorrow night in the way the game is approached. I do think we should play our defensive game rather than going for it though

You can absolutely guarantee that the Cardiff manager and players will be very pumped up for tomorrow, can you guarantee we have enough characters to be the same? I’d certainly pick Bruno and Kayal though, you just know those two will be busting a gut.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
a) I'm not accusing Hughton of being too negative,
b) I'd like to see us go all out for the win

but

c) I'd take a point now if you offered it, as I fear the consequences of a defeat.

which would be , i think , on top of that performance on saturday ......an almost certain return to the championship .....if we cannot lift for this game then we deserve what we get , so no ......stick the draw up your bottom ......3 points please.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No wonder negative Chris has so many supporters amongst our fanbase, those who are voting him to stay as our manager are clearly of the opinion that our players cannot raise their game to a level that will beat even the worst teams in this division.

I beg to differ.

I think people interpret these types of thread and questions in different ways.

I absolutely believe that our players have what it takes to win this game, but I'm not answering that question.

I answered the hypothetical question of whether I would accept a point now or take the gamble of winning/losing. I'd take the draw.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think taking the draw, and staying up JUST by saying, eking out 1/2 more draws against Newcastle/Wolves, really doesn't bode well for next season. It may vindicate Hughton's horrendously negative approach, giving no reason to change it for next season.

I'd rather see us take a few (calculated risks), get a fully-achievable win against Cardiff, perhaps also 1/2 against on the beach Wolves/Newcastle, and hopefully CH can then see that philosophy can also bring results, and more entertaining football for the fans.

Look at how Bournemouth set up against us - their first 11 isn't particularly better than ours. But they didn't come with an attitude of "Don't lose at any cost".

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
a) I'm not accusing Hughton of being too negative,
b) I'd like to see us go all out for the win

but

c) I'd take a point now if you offered it, as I fear the consequences of a defeat.

My feelings entirely.

If Cardiff then went on to get 5-6 points more than us from their remaining games, fair play to them.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We need to right the wrong that was 2-1 Cardiff earlier in the season.

Have to go for a win. Playing for a point is risky at the best of times, even more so when the team is this fragile.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If someone like Klopp, Eddie Howe or even the new Saints manager Ralph Hasenhüttl came in to manage our lot I'd guarantee you we'd play at a level way better than what we are now

Yeah I agree if we had JURGEN KLOPP, literally one of the best managers in world football, we would play better.

Good point.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think taking the draw, and staying up JUST by saying, eking out 1/2 more draws against Newcastle/Wolves, really doesn't bode well for next season. It may vindicate Hughton's horrendously negative approach, giving no reason to change it for next season.

I'd rather see us take a few (calculated risks), get a fully-achievable win against Cardiff, perhaps also 1/2 against on the beach Wolves/Newcastle, and hopefully CH can then see that philosophy can also bring results, and more entertaining football for the fans.

Look at how Bournemouth set up against us - their first 11 isn't particularly better than ours. But they didn't come with an attitude of "Don't lose at any cost".
Funny, but I'd say their first XI was far better than ours, but their squad overall isn't.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3 points, and safety are on offer, and should be easily obtainable. Dying on the pitch trying to get them is not working too hard, anything less than a win is failure. Just ****ing do your jobs you bunch of slack arsed over paid ***ts!

As you can see, I've mellowed a bit since Saturday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I answered the hypothetical question of whether I would accept a point now or take the gamble of winning/losing. I'd take the draw.
Precisely. We have only an approximate 50% chance of getting more than 1pt. A bird in the hand and all that...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny, but I'd say their first XI was far better than ours, but their squad overall isn't.

Hard to say, as we've been poor since the Everton 1-0, but on "average" performances over the past 2 seasons, I'd take Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo over their equivalents immediately, then there would be a few that were a toss up. Would take Callum Wilson without a second's thought, probably Fraser as well. Beyond that I don't think they have many clearly better like for likes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hard to say, as we've been poor since the Everton 1-0, but on "average" performances over the past 2 seasons, I'd take Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo over their equivalents immediately, then there would be a few that were a toss up. Would take Callum Wilson without a second's thought, probably Fraser as well. Beyond that I don't think they have many clearly better like for likes.
Josh King over Jurgen Locadia - definitely. Not sure Dunk over Cook is a given anymore and the same goes for Ryan over Boruc. Actually, I'm not doing any more of these - it's a bit too depressing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're a shade outside evens for this. Based on current odds:

48% chance - Albion win
52% chance - draw or Cardiff win

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're a shade outside evens for this. Based on current odds:

48% chance - Albion win
52% chance - draw or Cardiff win

Expected return is therefore, what, 1.5 points? Normally you wouldn't "take a point" in those circumstances. The problem here is the consequence of failing to get that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here