Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday...

If Cardiff beat us on Tuesday, will they finish above us?

• Yes - we'd go down

Votes: 234 81.5%
  • No - we still have enough about us to stay up

Votes: 53 18.5%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Palace will be looking at 11th, they won’t give a shit what the result does for us, they’ll be looking to finish as high as possible. Only the fans really get that bothered, don’t think either squad wouldn’t try to win because it might harm the others chances - that’s just paranoia.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Palace will be looking at 11th, they won’t give a shit what the result does for us, they’ll be looking to finish as high as possible. Only the fans really get that bothered, don’t think either squad wouldn’t try to win because it might harm the others chances - that’s just paranoia.

Yeah, but hodgson will play the kids.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
3 Points against Cardiff
1 Point against Wolves
3 Points against Newcastle

There's our 40 points

That's very confident in favour of a side that got

Got lucky to put Championship stragglers Millwall out of the cup
0 points home to Southampton
and beat 5-0 home to Bournemouth

and you think 7 points from those three games!!

I hope you're right!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
With Leeds and Villa likely to go up, even if we stay up, who would finish below us next season?

That's the worry.

I can see Bournemouth struggling next season..... and that's about it. It will be a far far stronger line up next year, and IF we survive and stick with the same old same, I can see us being the Fulham or Huddersfield.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The problem is that our confidence is shot and if we go behind we've not (since thatFulham second half?) been able to do anything other than lose.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Fulham would love to smash Cardiff into the championship. A draw against Cardiff will
Be enough tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we lose we will go down - I'm worried if we draw we could still go down as Cardiff could get 6 pts to our zero

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I think we're down already, I've thought it since the Burnley game. Something has gone so so wrong, probably since West Ham/Fulham. Cardiff will do us over on Tuesday. Perfect game for them, we're under so much pressure now and we never play well when we're under pressure. After 20 mins 9n Tuesday, the cowd will turn on the players and that'll play right into Cardiff's hand. If Cardiff keep it tight for 20 mins on Tuesday, which against us is very easy as we will be cautious, then they stay up.

Get Bruno and Bong back their experience will see us not to concede move Bernardo to the wing start with Murray up front

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If we lose we on Tuesday I believe we’ll get relegated so the answer is yes.
I just cannot see us scoring so would take a 0-0 now if offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Warnock will have Cardiff fired up and chomping at the bit. They know this is do or die and their best chance of premier League football next season. If we don't respond in kind we will surely go down ( and deservedly so).

Four months ago the above would have been unthinkable

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Warnock will have Cardiff fired up and chomping at the bit. They know this is do or die and their best chance of premier League football next season. If we don't respond in kind we will surely go down ( and deservedly so).

Four months ago the above would have been unthinkable

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the scenario on Tuesday is much better suited to Colin's managerial style than it is to Hughton's...Cardiff will be highly motivated, will seek to gain advantage, fair or foul, at every opportunity, will be hard, dirty and physical and will be half a yard faster than us all over the pitch. We will be the opposite of all that.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
My negative side thinks the confidence is shot.

We have a manager who must be seeing the signs of the end with fans turning, likewise the players must also feel it.

I'm not sure the motivation is there when many of them are thinking in the back of their minds that their destination may be elsewhere next season regardless of the fortunes of BHA.

Based on this, I feel they will beat us. Even with such doom and gloom, it's unrealistic to think we won't get another point. I think we will get 1, at home to Newcastle or a surprise one away leaving us on 34.

That means Cardiff, after beating us need a win and a draw (assuming our GD holds). I'd say that is quite likely and we will go down.

My positive side thinks that there HAS to be a monumental response on Tuesday for the disgrace of Saturday. That they will rally, and win. At which point it is over for Cardiff and we can breathe easy.

Hopefully it may fall somewhere in between, a draw on Tuesday makes it very hard for them and leaves it in their hands. My current feeling is I'd rather leave it in the hands of their ineptitude than in the hands of our own. I think we'll be ok with a draw.

I keep asking myself, how did it come to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here