Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley Town FC ............. Concerned?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not to mention a recent-ish stadium. Got a few mates in Horsham who've said that there is absolutely nothing Crawley Town happening in the local area whatsoever, it's either Brighton or Horsham who do things. Whether this is due to any lingering rivalry between the places but it's hardly Liverpool vs Manchester in terms of hatred.

I agree, I'm amazed they don't target locals schools with tickets or sponsor kids days around the place, if they do they keep it very much under the radar. They did a lot of work with Chestnut Tree House when Alan Williams was there but not sure about now.

You'd also think they'd tap into the Albion fan base when we play away wouldn't you?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Am hoping Crawley stay up at the expense of Notts County.
Presuming we stay in the Prem, i will consider that the end to 28 years of hurt.
Yes folks, it’s been 28 years since the Old Wembley play off final.

As disappointing as the play-offs were I really don't want to see a club with such heritage go out of the football league, it would be a shame.

A tinpot club when little rev was training and playing for the youth set up he was told not to turn up one week as the league officials would be visiting and he was over the period when he should have been signed! We left soon after and a couple of weeks later they pulled the plug on all non signed and signed youth players. ???

2018/19 season, plummeting down the table.

Big matches v Yeovil and Notts County still to come.

A last day relegation is by no means impossible this year.

:fishing:

Same position as us really except they have one more point buffer

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
When I saw this thread brought back I thought that it was to say they had sacked their manager as I am not sure how he has survived so long.

I honestly can't think of his name and I know around 80 of the 92 manager's names. Being so local it should be one of the easiest ones. I think that really shows how bad he is. They did well under Harry Kewell until he disappeared to Notts County - that went well. :laugh:

If it came down to it, I'd prefer Sol Campbell's Macc Town, who have performed miracles to climb out of the drop zone to stay up instead of the Gatwick dwellers. A nothing club with apathy shown by every away supporter that has the misfortune to visit that sh1thole.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There should be a lesson here for those that say TB should buy this player and that player; he's sensible and experienced enough to know that you must build a business behind the team or you have nothing, ask Bolton, Crawley, Yeovil, Birmingham, Palace and many other mismanaged clubs!

Crawley should have a huge catchment area, they've had Horsham in the doldrums for years, loads of house building going on and a stack of cash behind them ... and still they've floundered

Who took 7,000 to Old Trafford in the FA Cup 5th round in 2011. Where have they all gone? :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Who took 7,000 to Old Trafford in the FA Cup 5th round in 2011. Where have they all gone? :shrug:

Good point, I think they saw this game, The Sun sponsorship etc as the destination and not a part of the journey, that money should've been invested in the club, the marketing and making CTFC more attractive

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree, I'm amazed they don't target locals schools with tickets or sponsor kids days around the place, if they do they keep it very much under the radar. They did a lot of work with Chestnut Tree House when Alan Williams was there but not sure about now.

You'd also think they'd tap into the Albion fan base when we play away wouldn't you?

They offer discounted/2-1 tickets at my work from time to time.

Not really a massive incentive to go - plus not really aimed at kids.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If Albion followed by Crawley are the top two rated Sussex clubs, then Eastbourne Borough must be third. Their league position also looks precarious. A difficult time for Sussex football?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In a word, no. Any interest or support I may have had for Crawley as a club/town disappeared with their total lack of support when the Albion were looking for a temporary, post-Goldstone home. I think its called karma...**** em.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In a word, no. Any interest or support I may have had for Crawley as a club/town disappeared with their total lack of support when the Albion were looking for a temporary, post-Goldstone home. I think its called karma...**** em.

Don’t start that nonsense again. You’re wrong. Very wrong.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Massive game away at Yeovil tomorrow. If they lose that, it really concertinas up the last 5 places or so.

If Albion followed by Crawley are the top two rated Sussex clubs, then Eastbourne Borough must be third. Their league position also looks precarious. A difficult time for Sussex football?

No Crawley still punching above their level as a league club and Eastbourne probably too

We need Crawley to be doing ok - league 1 or league 2 is fine by me for them. Allowing some of our prospects to cut their teeth up the road & to put Sussex on the footie map as a decent place to play your game. There are very few counties where there is a Top football club & little opposition. Competition is healthy!

Thought that was Crawley councillors not the club? Have been to Crawley v Hereford, York, Derby, Barnsley, Lewes, Aldershot, Eastbourne, Pompey and a few others always supporting the away team. Growing up in Haywards Heath didn't give me any love for creepy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Went three times in the time I lived there. Twice v Brighton pre-season and once Albion U23 v Aston Villa U23.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Your lack of Albion knowledge is quite shocking !
Absolutely nothing to do with Crawley Town FC, everything to do with Crawley Borough Council, your hatred is severely misguided.
The football club were actually quite positive about the prospect, as there was talk of us building the 4th side of the ground.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would only watch them if I lived in Crawley.

I prefer to watch local non league teams if I'm not watching the Albion.

Agreed, but if I were Crawley I'd be playing the numbers game and if you only attract say 50 more fans they could become hooked and bring others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here