Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ah, a very small group of people, you suggest. According to this week's Yougov research more than fifty percent of voters support a confirmatory vote. That's over 23 million people. A discerning group perhaps, although hardly small.

The concept of someone with a minority view claiming that those in the majority are undemocratic is an interesting one, but perhaps you subscribe to the John Redwood school of statistical analysis - you know, the one that leads to the claim this week that most voters support No Deal.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha 17.4 million voters in a referendum should be ignored, a GE where over 80% voting for parties committed to enacting Brexit should be ignored, any polls that don't support your pov should be ignored but one poll (or any polls) that mirror your pov suddenly represents 23 million people ... priceless!!!!

78071187.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fair enough. As I said I was just curious as to it's use as it's become commonly used on the Brexit side in the last couple of years (amongst a whole lot of condescending words toward Ireland in general and not exclusively on this thread) and it was used and taken by some in the past in a derogatory sense - I was once told by someone Irish that an extradition case years back was rejected because someone took umbrage at it's usage by the requesting British authorities on the relevant paperwork for example and ex-service personnel from Northern Ireland would commonly use it years back as they wouldn't refer to people from the south in the same tense.

I think it was derogatory at one time yes. I’m only talking from a personal perspective which is that I have heard it by the Irish The Clamps, but who knows? Maybe they are ********s! :)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Hahahahahahahahahahaha 17.4 million voters in a referendum should be ignored, a GE where over 80% voting for parties committed to enacting Brexit should be ignored, any polls that don't support your pov should be ignored but one poll (or any polls) that mirror your pov suddenly represents 23 million people ... priceless!!!!

78071187.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
Welcome back from your two and a half year holiday on the moon ... many people do deny the outcome (see this thread). As you have such an interest in finding out which leave option would get the most support would you support a new democratic vote that only included leave options?

Overlooking your predisposition for pointless sniping, I am asking you what you think Leavers believed they were voting for. Is it something that is currently on offer? Would Leavers agree on anything providing we leave? Would some think that the options are so far removed from their original choice they would rather stay? In my opinion, Bringer of Truth, no one can possibly know without asking. I don't relish the idea of another referendum, the first one was poisonous enough for me. But no one knows what the majority think anymore so we need to find out - including asking people if they would like to stop the whole thing from happening at all.

Any ideas on this matter, Bringer of TRUTH?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
0 Not allowed!
Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
Welcome back from your two and a half year holiday on the moon ... many people do deny the outcome (see this thread). As you have such an interest in finding out which leave option would get the most support would you support a new democratic vote that only included leave options?

Overlooking your predisposition for pointless sniping, I am asking you what you think Leavers believed they were voting for. Is it something that is currently on offer? Would Leavers agree on anything providing we leave? Would some think that the options are so far removed from their original choice they would rather stay? In my opinion, Bringer of Truth, no one can possibly know without asking. I don't relish the idea of another referendum, the first one was poisonous enough for me. But no one knows what the majority think anymore so we need to find out - including asking people if they would like to stop the whole thing from happening at all.

Any ideas on this matter, Bringer of TRUTH?

You are very needy and can't manage the quote feature are you HWT's second account?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can't be bothered to trawl back and find the post you quote from, but really "refunds" it's not ****in Primark!

You do realise you may as well talk to the cat? ???

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Operation Yellowhammer would have collapsed within a few days of *no deal* anyway.

To be honest if they want to now leave with *no deal* on October 31st, they should actually be ramping up the preparation now, not winding it down.

Hopefully never to be seen again.

£30m Operation Brock cost apparently.

Still, those 89 lorries and a dustcart driving down in convoy toward Dover that morning in January - we really showed 'em we were ready though.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You are very needy and can't manage the quote feature are you HWT's second account?

Not needy Bringer of TRUTH, just asking you some simple questions. I understand your reluctance to answer though, because you have no answer. Neither do I. The difference is that you don't seem to have the self confidence to say so.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting answer: do you write Suomi instead of Finland or Polska instead of Poland - they're quicker too. And if speed is the concern, why not write the more usual ROI instead of Eire (sic)?

Haha, I never stated that my decision to write Eire, say Munich, Milan and Burma was logical! Our use of language is always nuanced and not terribly mathematical.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Good Friday Agreement is an International Treaty signed and approved by the United Nations. It cannot be ignored, whether you find it a priority or not. Britain signed it, and will have to find a solution for it.

I agree, but that has no influence upon my wish for independence. The question asked about my preference.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The dear old Prancing Ninny. Has he stooped to fatuous pedantry yet? It wouldn't be the first time. Has he said he never claimed we would be better off after Brexit? Has he said any price is worth paying to take back control of our destiny? Has he said he never said any of these things actually? You will find it a very unsatisfying exercise engaging with someone who just prances back and forth like a ninny when shown to be talking out of his arse. It amuses me, nevertheless, to see so many of you taking the piss.

I don't think Bringer of TRUTH is stupid, just very unlucky at thinking......

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Keep spinning. The reason Brexiteers dont want the 'people' to have a 2nd (advisory) referendum is fear losing it. I know that, and more importantly, you know that.
As the leave campaign gave many promises, that have since been discredited, now even by some Brexiteers,its a wonder to me, why 'patriots' dont want to 'people' to vote on a more truthful base. We know though, there is only one reason though isnt there.

The general public will quite understandably have been put off by the laughable approach to Brexit by our dear leader and by the highly effective opposition to it led by remain MP's in parliament. There will always be a certain element of 'buyers regret' at work in this kind of situation as well.

Tell you what, when Labour/Conservatives win the next election, once the honeymoon period is over, and once the clamour of those who lost the election grows to its most shrill, let's forsake democracy and run another election as the smaller losing group most probably has the moral mandate and is not a) thick b) racist and c) mostly northern.

But you knew that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'll say one thing for the regular Leavers on this thread: they are very well organised. PPF goes off-shift and JC appears. I think there's a roster somewhere?

Au contraire, regular Leavers make occasional appearances and seem constrained by actually having a life or working for a living whereas regular Remainers on here seem to be available to pointscore 24/7 …. draw your own conclusions.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Just running through this, 30 months of exhaustive efforts to find a Brexit solution that has much in common with the referendum offer does not constitute 'ignoring'... your venerable claim that the number of people voting for parties with particular policies represents an accurate measure of support for those policies is not borne out by any research I've seen... The poll I quoted was the most recent I could find and appears to tally with polls of polls that indicate burgeoning support for a Brexit exit.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Au contraire, regular Leavers make occasional appearances and seem constrained by actually having a life or working for a living whereas regular Remainers on here seem to be available to pointscore 24/7 …. draw your own conclusions.

The Remainer/Leaver demographic on NSC is the exact opposite of that in the country as a whole?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

No, no - you've got me wrong my friend: we are on the same page on this one! The point I was making was that whilst we louche Remainers were painting our nails, lounging around, watching a bit of Jeremy Kyle and then posting a few messages on the thread as whim dictates, you boys are far more disciplined - organising yourselves to be on duty and making the most of scarce resources whilst at the same time working hard to make a better future for all of us.

Indeed, give I can pay you no greater compliment than to say that you are like the ERG itself - there's not many of you, but you make your presence felt.:wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll say one thing for the regular Leavers on this thread: they are very well organised. PPF goes off-shift and JC appears. I think there's a roster somewhere?

All except [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] who might be struggling with his hand cream supplies, given how close we were to no deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here