Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I like her and Katya Adler as they seem to have a certain gravitas and obviously know their stuff. However I was very surprised when I started listening to the Brexit podcast recently. Underneath it all they are a just a couple of fun loving playful girls who like a good laugh, which makes them even more likeable.

Yeah Laura and katya. Very balanced and unbiased reporters. Not. BBC the balanced view? Yeah ok. Just think we're forced to pay for that too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think she has improved in her attempts to disguise her well-known Tory sympathies but I don't see much bias towards remain.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So you missed both Plooks and Lever using it this week ? And then trying to justify it !

There you go again; you really must try a bit harder Westdene Seagull. When using the term emotional 'retards', I was referring to people on both sides of the argument who lack the ability to recognise the sensibilities of opposing posters.
Sorry if you took the slang, obviously offensive meaning and cited it as an insult to leave voters..... it wasn't meant that way so do stop trying to weaponise your misreadings.
I go back to my earlier suggestion - make out your case as persuasively as you can and stop cogitating over pointless insults.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
So you missed both Plooks and Lever using it this week ? And then trying to justify it !

I found it. They said removing freedom of movement is retarded. Not the best phrase to use, and you ended up becoming a snowflake over it (or was it fake outrage?). But, they didn't actually call anyone a retard.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I honestly couldn't care less mate. I was just pointing out that whenever I read that saddo term, I automatically ignore anything else the person has posted. Because they make themselves sound about four years old.

But you've just read it and replied to it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the lady who started the petition. Since when has starting a petition become a life-threatening situation? Is no one allowed a different opinion in this country now, without being threatened?

[tweet]1109344811155419136[/tweet]

[tweet]1109362260747665408[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems obvious to me with the utter shambles that May has made of this, that a second poll is needed. I say this not as a remainer, but at the time of the poll, a reluctant leaver, for a number of reasons that don't really matter now. In my opinion, there should be 3 options. No deal, May's deal or no Brexit. Perhaps a 4th option, EFTA membership. All clearly communicated the practical consequences of each beforehand. Sadly whatever happens there are going to be 20% approx hardline on either side who would never accept either option 1 or 3. We are riven as a nation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolutely and utterly this. Should have been a version of this in the original ballot (no deal, an unknown deal that I, silky Dave Cameron, will negociate, or no Brexit). Wonder how well that would have gone...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is the lady who started the petition. Since when has starting a petition become a life-threatening situation? Is no one allowed a different opinion in this country now, without being threatened?

[tweet]1109344811155419136[/tweet]

[tweet]1109362260747665408[/tweet]
Why is it always Brexit supporters who are threatening (or actioning) violence?

It's like Will Self said the other week. Not all Leave voters are racist, bigoted morons* but all people who are racist, bigoted morons voted Leave.

And that's true.

*Some good friends of mine voted Leave and they are neither racist, bigoted or morons. Just mistaken. Before any **** jumps to the wrong conclusions.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Absolutely and utterly this. Should have been a version of this in the original ballot (no deal, an unknown deal that I, silky Dave Cameron, will negociate, or no Brexit). Wonder how well that would have gone...
Remain would have won by a MASSIVE landslide. Of course.

As an aside, why isn't Cameron getting death threats when people like Anna Soubry and someone who started a petition are?

Oh yeah, because most people who voted to remain aren't BELLENDS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here