Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice one 10, it's a shit isn't it.
I'm sure Cob Lane is the wrong way round, I wouldn't have a problem if the steep bit was at the top!

As [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] will testify there's a similar teeny weeny git of a climb here that appears out of nowhere on the edge of the one horse village of Sutton.

From either direction you're rolling along peaceful countryside then for no obvious reason round a corner is a short 20% climb (drop) It's only about a minute of climbing but that's a very long minute and not pretty.

The descent is even worse ending on a gravel strewn, single lane, left hand blind bend.
Certainly not one for the fainthearted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and 10 the 'problem' (not a problem) with the heart of West Sussex is it's too rolling.

Sure the South Downs are great of climbers, anyone going across them has to face, Ditchling, Steyning, Arundel, Goodwood, Duncton, Harting or Butser all good tough climbs.
But if you draw a rectangle from north of that ridge up to say, Cranleigh, and across to East Grinstead back down to Ditchling inside that box will be what Eurosport have lead me to believe is very Flandrian countryside.

By that I mean there isn't a lot of flat, it's incredibly rolling with some viscous little kicks, 10-15% short sharp shocks, but not actual 'climbs' like the ones mentioned earlier.

But too the north of Cranleigh you've got the Surrey Hills, west around Haslemere is Blackdown, and east is your newly discovered Ashdown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone know how to add 2 rides together on Strava.
I've had a Garmin snaffoo and what to reunite my 2 halves back into the one ride.

Ta muchly.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My tyre is hanging on. Went down a smooth hill and the vibrations put the willies up me a bit.

Ride was spoiled by light fixing issues. I went a bit OTT securing them this afternoon, so if there is a repeat I'll go fukken ape. Great 'to see' lights for at least an hour in the pitch black and then last ages as 'be seen' lights.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My tyre is hanging on. Went down a smooth hill and the vibrations put the willies up me a bit.

Ride was spoiled by light fixing issues. I went a bit OTT securing them this afternoon, so if there is a repeat I'll go fukken ape. Great 'to see' lights for at least an hour in the pitch black and then last ages as 'be seen' lights.

Grrrr don't talk to me about tyres.

Much to my surprise I was on for a century today, but I got a slow rear puncture on Spithandle Lane.
I got to Washington to replace the tube, all went well for 3-4 miles then it went again, leaving me stuck in Clapham 5 direct miles from home.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Much to my surprise I was on for a century today, but I got a slow rear puncture on Spithandle Lane.
I got to Washington to replace the tube, all went well for 3-4 miles then it went again, leaving me stuck in Clapham 5 direct miles from home.
That’s my favourite spot to get a puncture. Good old Spithandle lane.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Schoolboy.:ffsparr:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Chimpanzee impression?

More a baboon I think...

p.txt.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route

No chance of just popping over on the Newhaven Dieppe ferry next summer to catch some of the race...:eek:(
Very hilly edition next year, so will suit the likes of Froome, Bardet, Pinot etc.

One of my mates has climbed Ventoux this morning...1hr 52 from Bedoin to the top. Chapeau sir...I would need a whole day and plenty of stops along the way to get up there!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route

No chance of just popping over on the Newhaven Dieppe ferry next summer to catch some of the race...:eek:(
Very hilly edition next year, so will suit the likes of Froome, Bardet, Pinot etc.

One of my mates has climbed Ventoux this morning...1hr 52 from Bedoin to the top. Chapeau sir...I would need a whole day and plenty of stops along the way to get up there!

It's no Cob Lane though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on the geeks, who's up for a quick game?

Guess where I am?

First clue - "no leave the mess for the workers".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here