Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you spend as much on catering at the Amex as you would like?

Do you spend as much at the Amex as you would like to?

• Yes - I get what I want when I want it

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No - I could spend more but the catering set-up doesn't allow me to

Votes: 151 79.1%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Thanks for the support chaps, I'm sad to hear my experience wasn't a one-off and others have received the same 'portion'.

I might write a polite email later explaining my disappointment, then at least the club will be aware of the issue (if they aren't already!)

The best bet would be the commercial manager, whoever that is nowadays as it's his KPI and bottom line being effected by shit like that. That's almost criminal

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Today I paid £2.80 for this:

bytu2y9u.jpg

I won't be buying food at the Amex again.

Don't blame you, bring a bag of crisps with you next time.

How can they justify £2.80 for that?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I counted 14 chips there at a price of 20p per chip.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The chips stand out as a total rip off. Bought a portion once, wouldn't again. Surprised something hasn't been done already.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I queued for 20 minutes today before the game to buy a pint, this was in the WSU near the middle, it used to be called the beer & pie kiosk but it now has no sign above it.
There was one lady working her socks off on her own in this kiosk.

I could stay in Newhaven have a drink and get to the stadium a few minutes before kick off, but I like to get into the Amex well before kick off and have a pint, but queuing for that long is not acceptable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've still never seen chips in the Amex - where do they sell them? Are there any (however few) in the WSU?

Apr 12, 2011
Yeah I bought some in the WSU a few weeks back. It was in the southern-most kiosk I think in case they don't sell them everywhere.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I felt sorry for the staff today. Lack of training basically in the WSU.

First game today and realised how ridiculously expensive it all is. Back to bringing food and more beers with the HH bunch before the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today I paid £2.80 for this:

bytu2y9u.jpg

I won't be buying food at the Amex again.
How come every subsequent time that picture appears it looks like there's one less chip?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sorry it doesn't fit the heading, but I used to buy a programme, a pie, a coke, sweets and last season tried chips. Now I just buy a pie. I take my own drinks and sweets and the chips were cold, so haven't tried again.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No Harvey's in WSL after the game until the initial queues had gone when they miraculously found some. The service down there continues to go from dreadful to baffling.

Try the ESU, it's bafflingly dreadful. I queued the whole of half time last week for me pie, and gave up as I wanted to see some football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have tried the tea, hot chocolate, beer, pies and burger. Not any more. I did not like it at all. Beer was just about acceptable and burger if you are starving.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
East Upper v Charlton there were hardly anyone in the queues. Normally 10 to 15 minutes but straight to the front. Burnley I missed my prematch pint but yesterday TWO pints.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here