Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex in the sun

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
One of the days I was at the Public Enquiry, they were at pains to point out that any light pollution from the stadium would be "minimal" :lolol:
Driving down the A27 the other night, we thought the malevolently glowing orange sky canopy presaged some kind of imminent Close Encounters phenomenon.

Imagine our surprise on discovering this was merely the negligible upward light-spill that had been promised all those years ago by that nice Mr Jonathan Clay!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Driving down the A27 the other night, we thought the malevolently glowing orange sky canopy presaged some kind of imminent Close Encounters phenomenon.

Imagine our surprise on discovering this was merely the negligible upward light-spill that had been promised all those years ago by that nice Mr Jonathan Clay!

It, errr, helps attract moths which, umm, bats feed on. Honest!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Strange you should say that - but I sent the missus a picture the other night saying aliens must be landing on the centre circle!

Here it is :

IMG_5262.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In this country, surely the setting for The Amex is unsurpassed. I'd agree with the nomination for Craven Cottage though, and will also throw in The City Ground - another lovely old-school but attractive football ground right next to the river.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I must have been on the road that night too... Was it this Sunday just gone? I could see what looked like a close encounter from the Hollingbury slip on the a27, only to wind up by the Amex to see it was that making the weird cast of light in the sky. Very apocalyptic looking. Pretty Dramatic effect that night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here