Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I was looking forward to this game for a long time and then the worst thing in my life happened. I didn't actually feel it until after the Palace game and thinking that was for my mum, I was going to post it pre match but I didn't want to look like a drama queen. I have now been on the beer because I need to feel numb. Tomorrow it all sinks in.

Just remember all the good times

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Think we can all agree the pen was clearly not a pen, however the performance by us was absolutely gutless. I'm appalled with what I witnessed last night. There was only one team who wanted that land you lot were the better team by a country mile in every department. We've lauded it before, me included but this time round we have to take our pill.We were schooled plain and simple. Hats off

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Think we can all agree the pen was clearly not a pen, however the performance by us was absolutely gutless. I'm appalled with what I witnessed last night. There was only one team who wanted that land you lot were the better team by a country mile in every department. We've lauded it before, me included but this time round we have to take our pill.We were schooled plain and simple. Hats off
Respect for being brave enough to come on after being let down by your lads so badly, time to sell Zaha and re-invest in the squad?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Respect for being brave enough to come on after being let down by your lads so badly, time to sell Zaha and re-invest in the squad?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Up to the eye balls in FFP, no new stand imminent meaning no additional income. I would hazard a guess, probably. Cant score a goal and nothing on the bench to change the game after 6 seasons of PL football. Theres a lot of anger over that last night. Gutless

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Fair play.

Strange how it started - Palace giving away a needless corner in the first minute put us on the front foot, and we never looked back.

With the exception of Zaha, Palace players didn't seem to 'get' the rivalry.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Not read whole thread so not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Bernardo's clearance off the line before the first goal (I think) was critical - whole complexion of game would have changed if he hadn't managed to do that.

Thought Propper was MoM but also mightily impressed how much Bissouma has come along. Earlier in season it looked like he had talent but made way too many mistakes. Last night, it was just the talent on show.
Andone was spectacular, I think Knocky has a competitor for the "Most wholehearted player" position.
Does anyone know how many passes we strung together in that move early in the first half? I reckon it was at least 30-40. Calm, controlled, awesome football.
Overall a magnificent display

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Well done on showing your face this morning, very brave, not something I’d expect from a ‘typical Palace’ fan!

No one on here will defend that decision for the first penalty but Friend quickly made amends for you when Murray was bundled over for a clear penalty minutes later which he seemed to miss completely.

Looks like you’ll be splashing the cash in January! Do you think you’ll finish above us?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think we can all agree the pen was clearly not a pen
Agreed.

however the performance by us was absolutely gutless. I'm appalled with what I witnessed last night. There was only one team who wanted that land you lot were the better team by a country mile in every department. We've lauded it before, me included but this time round we have to take our pill.We were schooled plain and simple. Hats off
Thanks. Fair play for posting, most usually don't.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

fair play mate

It's ****ing shit but football moves on quickly.

We'll enjoy it lots ....for now

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

It was an out of control tackle and they are given. The assault on Murray was however stonewall and not given.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Well done on showing your face this morning, very brave, not something I’d expect from a ‘typical Palace’ fan!

No one on here will defend that decision for the first penalty but Friend quickly made amends for you when Murray was bundled over for a clear penalty minutes later which he seemed to miss completely.

Looks like you’ll be splashing the cash in January! Do you think you’ll finish above us?

Obviously the morning after always has different feelings but no I do not. Last night was a hammer blow. I think you will continue along mid table wise and we will continue to flirt with the bottom 3. I can take losing but not in that manner. I hope the players and club absorb some of the anger coming their way. Bottle jobs. Anyway as previously said enjoy your time in the sun you deserve it. Peace

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
No, we were 2-0 up when he did that.

Really? Strange how the memory works - I was convinced that was before. Still, that would have changed the complexion of the match significantly as well - so still important

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously the morning after always has different feelings but no I do not.
Long way to go yet.
Last night was a hammer blow. I think you will continue along mid table wise and we will continue to flirt with the bottom 3.
You didn't play well yesterday, but you're usually playing alright, it's just your lack of strikers that's a problem. You really should be getting someone in January, and then you should push on.

Anyway as previously said enjoy your time in the sun you deserve it. Peace
Thank you :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1334805897965490176[/tweet]

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I wonder how long the line
"and we've only got ten men"
will last? Smith must score is in the world history books, ten men will forever be in the Brighton history books I'm sure.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Quite possibly the most excited I have been when stream watching rather than at the match. Behind the Sheffield Wednesday play-off, for which my cat still hasn't forgiven me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here