Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bournemouth?
Watford?

What about them? They both just about stayed up in their first season’s back/in the premier league.

The point I’m making is that most teams coming up will struggle to stay or or just go straight back down. What Wolves did last season is very, very rare yet the way the Villa fans are carrying on cos they’ve spent a bit of money, you’d think their heading for Europe. Like Fulham fans last year.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've heard the next incoming will be Tuesday.
Medical Monday, announcement at 2pm (but more likely to be 6)

The two words that make me think 'next'...

Although you could be talking about the next Tory leader.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
What about them? They both just about stayed up in their first season’s back/in the premier league.

The point I’m making is that most teams coming up will struggle to stay or or just go straight back down. What Wolves did last season is very, very rare yet the way the Villa fans are carrying on cos they’ve spent a bit of money, you’d think their heading for Europe. Like Fulham fans last year.

Bournemouth finished 9th in 16/17 with 46 points; Watford were 17th but had 40 points and 6 points above relegation with vastly superior GD. Don't call that 'just about stayed up'. There are shades of staying up, albeit Wolves were exceptional.

I don't disagree with your point about Villa, particularly because the record of PO winners (except Palace, of course) is especially poor, but I think there has to be some acceptance that some teams do come into PL and naturally survive.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bournemouth finished 9th in 16/17 with 46 points; Watford were 17th but had 40 points and 6 points above relegation with vastly superior GD. Don't call that 'just about stayed up'. There are shades of staying up, albeit Wolves were exceptional.

I don't disagree with your point about Villa, particularly because the record of PO winners (except Palace, of course) is especially poor, but I think there has to be some acceptance that some teams do come into PL and naturally survive.

Bournemouth finished 16th in their first season in the premier league - 15/16.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
17 3/4 days left.

3, preferably 4, new signings required.

The Knockaert loan and sale has set us back badly.

Need to stop messing around now.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'll be interested to see if the club has another signing lined up after such a popular player has just left!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here