Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes I understand that. I was making my point based on now.

I would expect us to bring in more, but as each day passes I get the feeling we won't be seeing anyone until the last scramble in August.

Why does that matter ? we don’t play any games until after the window closes . And I’m perplexed . We’re going down cos we haven’t invested but when pushed - you think we will invest. ??

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why does that matter ? we don’t play any games until after the window closes . And I’m perplexed . We’re going down cos we haven’t invested but when pushed - you think we will invest. ??

It matters because generally speaking, you ought to beat the rush with your most important signings. We have a couple of key positions to address.

Down with the current squad is what I said.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think views might be split on that. Some fans I know miss the thrills and spills of the Gus and Hughton Championship campaigns, whereas others like sitting in the corner seat with table leg obstruction at the big boys' dinner table.

What I missed most last year was being able to watch a team that believed they could win a game. CH’s negativity permeated the squad. Even in the Cup games against lower league opposition he still wouldn’t set us up to impose ourselves on the opposition. I can live with negative tactics against the best teams but after the very short lived attempt to play football (which was a delight to watch even if we didn’t win) CH drained any hope of winning by dominating games by reverting to trying not to lose...by too many.

It was absolute shite, there is no justification for playing half a season without ambition apart from a breakaway goal. The sacking was exactly what these tactics deserved. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really ? Signings finished on June 26th ? You think that ?

Yes. There will most likely be one more “major” signing but, I think, this will be it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
?? So you disagree with the point you’ve just made. Ok - fair play.

No, I didn’t. I said he will largely have the same squad. By this I meant it will almost be the same.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What will it take for you to accept that sacking CH was the right thing to do?

I was being a bit dull about judging the transfer window or our squad prospects 4 weeks before it closes. Apologies for being a bit of a Dullard. . I think I’ve done this every year on here for years. Nothing to do with Hughton Icy.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When GP takes us to a mid league position playing very attractive football
Let’s wait and see

So he has to get us to a much better league position AND entertain us more whilst doing so?

That's a massive improvement just for you to admit that you could be wrong.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So he has to get us to a much better league position AND entertain us more whilst doing so?

That's a massive improvement just for you to admit that you could be wrong.

So would it take to admit that CH sacking might be wrong? And when?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Unlikely we would survive continuing what we were doing though IMO. 20-odd games of mostly extraordinarily negative dross, almost no chances created or goals scored and a team bereft of confidence and belief.

In the end all of you that say that are just expressing an opinion. Same as I. Doesn't mean it was sure to happen. I don't agree with the assessment that BHA would have been in the championship if CH would not have been sacked. CH would have found someway to stay in the PL.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What I missed most last year was being able to watch a team that believed they could win a game. CH’s negativity permeated the squad. Even in the Cup games against lower league opposition he still wouldn’t set us up to impose ourselves on the opposition. I can live with negative tactics against the best teams but after the very short lived attempt to play football (which was a delight to watch even if we didn’t win) CH drained any hope of winning by dominating games by reverting to trying not to lose...by too many.

It was absolute shite, there is no justification for playing half a season without ambition apart from a breakaway goal. The sacking was exactly what these tactics deserved. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

All seems terribly negative, sadly, but hard to disagree with any of this. The last 6 home games were dreadful and quite frankly somewhat provocative to the fans. I watched the Newcastle game on TV whilst on holiday and next to me was a Newcastle fan, who said -don't Brighton want to win this? said it all really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here