Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Lancashire.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worst Sussex top order in my 50 years. Management has f*cked up here.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bowlers coming to the party, Lancs now 95-0. It takes a special attack to make Keaton Jennings look half decent...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this the division for the losers?

Those who can’t hack it with the big boys?

AAA5E554-C304-4C57-805A-2FCEA2244DC6.jpeg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
After the day's play, Jason Gillespie said: "There was some decent bowling but it’s certainly not a 120 all out wicket. No way. Lancashire have shown that.

"We were on our way at 77 for no wicket and we were half an hour from putting the onus back on Lancashire. They’d spread the field and then we lost Salty and Varun soon after. The spinners were getting their lines and lengths right and we found ways to get out.

"We spoke this morning about the importance of adapting to conditions but we can have time meeting after team meeting after team meeting, if we’re getting rissoled for a hundred each time, we may as well be banging our heads against a brick wall.

"We know it’s not good enough. It is unacceptable. The brutal reality is that our top six batters are not doing their jobs and they need to find a way to get the job done."

Yes, but when are we going to get our next batting point

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oi. Better than six duckies!

Is that the best graphic for a white rose they can come up with? I thought it was a swan at first, then fingers

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are Sussex going to take part in this new poncey The Hundred thing and. .... Would we last for a hundred balls on current form?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No and Maybe.

Interesting that extras in the Lancashire innings have already scored more than 8 Sussex batters.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Bowlers backing up the batsman, Lancashire 481-5 a lead of 354.

What's our record defeat by an innings, as we are clearly not going to make Lancashire bat again

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thankfully Lancashire declared and at stumps we are a mere 352 runs behind with 10 wickets remaining.

So probably means the game will be over just after lunch as we collapse to another total just over 100.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thankfully Lancashire declared and at stumps we are a mere 352 runs behind with 10 wickets remaining.

So probably means the game will be over just after lunch as we collapse to another total just over 100.

Getting embarrassing now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Worst Sussex top order in my 50 years. Management has f*cked up here.

Oh, I don't know. I remember the early to mid 70s when we had a top order containing Jerry Morley (av 23), Mark Faber (av 22), Jerry Groome (av 15), Simon Hoadley (av 17), Mike Buss (av 24) and Austin Parsons (av 26). Peter Graves with an average of 27 was probably the best of them. We finished in the bottom three for about six or seven years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We finished in the bottom three for about six or seven years.

Along with Glos and Glamorgan no doubt. Pity the poor Sussex fans who travelled to Lancs to watch this pathetic effort and missed England’s win.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This season is alarming proof that getting in (ostensibly) competent people in behind the scenes doesn't always translate into onfield success. At least not immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here