Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have a hunch this is where CH is going to end up too. Parker gone by xmas.

Not sure if Knocky going there would attract CH.

Why didn’t Fulham splash the cash last season to stay up? Oh !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He'd certainly improve Fulham if he went there. I enjoy watching him, he has the ability to do the unexpected, an exciting player on his day. I hope he stays with us.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope not as we aren't that "fully stocked" out wide.

March obviously is a good player, but Trossard is a newbie (might shine, might not), Jahanbakhsh isn't a winger and hasn't shone and Izquierdo is injured (and has been a lot in the last year).

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Nooooooooooo! He's one of us. Not at that price. We paid more for Jack and Bash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got family who are Brighton season ticket holders and they think he's shitehouse.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
“with Brighton fully stocked out wide” Really? March-inconsistent but big potential, Alireza- car crash of a season, Locadia- what’s his position? Trossard- brand new league, complete unknown quantity, Izquierdo- inconsistent and likes an injury.

I’m not sure that qualifies as fully stocked ???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He is one of those handful of players who cane it in the Championship but just can't cut it in the Prem.

I think we've seen enough to know this: running at defenders and beating them with pace and fast feet in the Championship, running at defenders until he inevitably loses the ball in the Prem.

I really like the guy and enjoy watching him, but he's not done it in the Prem and he knows it, hence the petulance and rash decision making. Some of this may have been down to our defensive mindset, but not much of it. I also wonder if our evolving squad are less tolerant of his behaviour because he isn't "the best player on the pitch" anymore and they have less shared history.

Sell for £15m and let the guy get a pay rise (odd that they're paying more than we do?) and play with a great big smile on his face. We'll miss you Knocky, but could be best for everyone.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'd be gutted if he left. I think the reaction to this news shows how fickle our fan base can be sometimes. I don't remember anyone saying "championship player" when he scored his belter against palace.

el punal

I'm pretty sure I said it last season, possibly in connection with Leeds, but for a promotion-chasing Championship side, Knockaert makes a lot of sense, and would boost the chances of most getting promoted.

£15m feels about right too.

I just get the feeling that the club are sitting tight at the moment regarding players being signed or released. I wonder if the strategy is going to be “we go with what we’ve got”. I also believe that many key players underachieved last season, Knockaert included, and this time around may be their shot at redemption.

Personally I would hate to see Knocky go. I still think he can offer so much more, and with Graham Potter in charge, who will be implementing a more expansive style of play (I hope!), this could be just up our Anthony’s street. Wishful thinking eh?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hate to see him go; would love to see him under the new management. Yes, he is my favourite player in the squad & the one that gets me off my seat when he receives the ball.
Can they have Ali J? 15 mil for him & I'd piggy back him to Fulham!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
One of our few players who can make things happen in the opposition’s half. I think it would be a mistake to let him go unless we have someone clearly better lined up.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He is one of those handful of players who cane it in the Championship but just can't cut it in the Prem.

I think we've seen enough to know this: running at defenders and beating them with pace and fast feet in the Championship, running at defenders until he inevitably loses the ball in the Prem.

I really like the guy and enjoy watching him, but he's not done it in the Prem and he knows it, hence the petulance and rash decision making. Some of this may have been down to our defensive mindset, but not much of it. I also wonder if our evolving squad are less tolerant of his behaviour because he isn't "the best player on the pitch" anymore and they have less shared history.

Sell for £15m and let the guy get a pay rise (odd that they're paying more than we do?) and play with a great big smile on his face. We'll miss you Knocky, but could be best for everyone.
Quite agree

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's probably unlikely at the moment anyway, surely GP will want to have a propper look at him first?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Definitely no from me, unless £20m and we have a replacement. AJ unproven as is Trossard

This.

What a depressing summer it has been. Lack of quality signings, inexperienced manager and the possibility of losing one of my favourite players.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Bad move , perhaps in January if he doesn't fit in to Potters plans but i see him as one of our players that will thrive under a more attack minded boss .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would be a big shame because when his head is in the right place he can still be brilliant. The prospect of him in an attacking team again is also something that has been making me look forward to this season.

Find it crazy that a team that spent so much last year is going all out again especially with the article saying that they would increase his 40k wages. The game has gone mad

That's the real problem though, isn't it. Flailing arms and failing to track back when you sulk having not got the ball costs us goals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here