Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] transfers

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Southampton signed a Belgian winger tipped to be the next Hazard today. Villa already made 3 signings with more incoming before the end of the month. Real Madrid already spent over £250 million, there will now be a knock-on effect.

the next hazard .... no chance

Belgium league. Looks a good player but not a world beater.

50/50 will even cut it in the prem

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
the next hazard .... no chance

Belgium league. Looks a good player but not a world beater.

50/50 will even cut it in the prem
If it was the Dutch league I would say the chances of success would be 1:99!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bournemouth singed Bristol City left back Lloyd Kelly. For 15 million.

Amazes me how plucky Bournemouth can maintain their PL status on such a shoe string budget.

Bmuff simply get on with it and aren’t afraid to spend the cash (£77m in fees alone last summer, including WC star Lerma for £25m).

West Ham the same. Gold & Sullivan were slagged off as mean, until last summer (£94m including the brilliant Felipe Anderson for £35m).

I suspect not being bound to a wages ceiling helps attract, paying up to:
West Ham £140k pw
Palace £130k pw
Bmuff (excluding Defoe) £75k pw
Leicester £140k pw
Wolves £100k pw
Watford £70k pw

Albion £50k pw

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Transfer windows now also appear to have a hierarchy - Now Real Madrid have started (ffp doesn’t seem to apply to them) then Barca have a go, then PSG have a go, then the big 6 (oops meant 5 as Leavy won’t spend anything until last day of window if at all) (oops oops meant 4 as Chelski not allowed to buy this year) and Bayern etc have a go then the rest have a go. So at this rate we sign someone in last week of July

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Southampton signed a Belgian winger tipped to be the next Hazard today. Villa already made 3 signings with more incoming before the end of the month. Real Madrid already spent over £250 million, there will now be a knock-on effect.

Nothing will happen until Haha signes for FC Neasden for £300m, after which it will all kick off, believe me....

TNBA

TTF

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bmuff simply get on with it and aren’t afraid to spend the cash (£77m in fees alone last summer, including WC star Lerma for £25m).

West Ham the same. Gold & Sullivan were slagged off as mean, until last summer (£94m including the brilliant Felipe Anderson for £35m).

I suspect not being bound to a wages ceiling helps attract, paying up to:
West Ham £140k pw
Palace £130k pw
Bmuff (excluding Defoe) £75k pw
Leicester £140k pw
Wolves £100k pw
Watford £70k pw

Albion £50k pw

Pay peanuts ??? get .........?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
VILLA SNAP UP WES

Aston Villa have signed Brazilian striker Wesley from Club Brugge for an initial £22m, subject to a work permit and international clearance.
Sky Sports News understands Villa are confident that there will not be a problem with him receiving a work permit.

Wesley has spent the past four seasons with Club Brugge, helping them win two league titles and two Belgian Super Cups.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
VILLA SNAP UP WES

Aston Villa have signed Brazilian striker Wesley from Club Brugge for an initial £22m, subject to a work permit and international clearance.
Sky Sports News understands Villa are confident that there will not be a problem with him receiving a work permit.

Wesley has spent the past four seasons with Club Brugge, helping them win two league titles and two Belgian Super Cups.

With Jota and El Ghazi also having signed for Villa in the last week.

Quick work despite only knowing their fate a month after the likes of the Albion.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
VILLA SNAP UP WES

I genuinely hope we aren't shopping for strikers from Belgium or Dutch leagues, it doesn't seem to go well and 22 million!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Swansea winger to Man Utd is only one I can think of. Why is there such a delay in all Premier league transfers this year ? If my memory is correct loads were done last year in first 2 weeks of window opening

Brexit :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
VILLA SNAP UP WES

You can't argue with a highlights reel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One must assume that in order to stay within FFP Bournemouth must get a tremendous amount of sponsorship to compensate the income from their miserably low gates.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doing a Fulham then?
:)

I fairness Villa have offloaded 12 players (citation needed) instead of just buying a load of foreigners and saying 'you don't mind if we play these guys instead'.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One must assume that in order to stay within FFP Bournemouth must get a tremendous amount of sponsorship to compensate the income from their miserably low gates.

Their accounts show the same commercial income as us, so they’re not doing a ManC. The total annual income of both clubs is essentially the same.

They simply invest far more than us on the playing side in terms of wages, attracting faster and better quality players (Albion 0 - 5 Bmuff).

The PL is unforgiving.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here