Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
West Ham 6
Albion 6
Bournemouth 6
Leicester 3
Newcastle 3
Southampton 3
Palace 1
Everton 0
Burnley -3
----------------------------
Cardiff -7
Fulham -14
Huddersfield -20

The tracker has Cardiff down for 3 points vs Palace and point each from Albion and Fulham. Nothing expected from Chelsea, Man City, Burnley, Liverpool and Man Utd. So 33 point total.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
West Ham6
Albion6
Bournemouth6
Leicester3
Newcastle3
Southampton3
Palace1
Everton0
Burnley-3
Cardiff-7
Fulham-14
Huddersfield-20

The tracker has Cardiff down for 3 points vs Palace and point each from Albion and Fulham. Nothing expected from Chelsea, Man City, Burnley, Liverpool and Man Utd. So 33 point total.

Cardiff/Burnley could prove to be pivotal.........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
West Ham 6
Albion 6
Bournemouth 6
Leicester 3
Newcastle 3
Southampton 3
Palace 1
Everton 0
Burnley -3
Cardiff -7
Fulham -14
Huddersfield -20
With -7, I guess Cardiff have a tough run-in? That brings a little comfort.

I see they from their 8 remaining games they've got Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man U.

Our game against them is a biggie.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
With -7, I guess Cardiff have a tough run-in? That brings a little comfort.

I see they from their 8 remaining games they've got Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man U.

Our game against them is a biggie.

Of their other 4 games, only 1 is at home - to Palace, who've had a fairly decent away form this season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
SAINTS:
Brighton A
Liverpool H
Wolves H
Newcastle A
Bournemouth H
West Ham A
Huddersfield H
tbc Watford A

BURNLEY:

Leicester H
Wolves H
Bournemouth A
Cardiff H
Chelsea A
Man City H
Everton A
Arsenal H

CARDIFF:
Chelsea H
Man City A
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
MU A
tbc Albion A

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Of their other 4 games, only 1 is at home - to Palace, who've had a fairly decent away form this season.

Cardiff's away record is worse than ours. https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england
Palace are one of only two teams who have taken more points away than they have at home.
Cardiff haven't taken a point from any of their eight games against the top six this season. They average less than a goal a game from these matches and have conceded an average of over three per match.

They had to beat West Ham just to stay in the fight. Away from home and against the top six they now need to do what they haven't been close to acheiving this year to give themselves a chance. Their only other chance is to hope somebody around them absolutely collapses. With us, Burnley, Southampton, Palace and Newcastle all seeming capable of picking up points where we can, that doesn't look likely.

If Cardiff continue to get nothing from the top six and get the same average points they have achived from home and away games against others, they will get about 3/4 points from the games against Burnley, Fulham and Palace. They need six to overtake us.

If they stay up from here Colin will either be very very lucky or will deserve manager of the season (or at least manager of the last bit of the season)

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It would be so beautiful if they completely imploded now.....

It would be nice for them to set a new English record for worst ever end to a season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SAINTS:
Brighton A
Liverpool H
Wolves H
Newcastle A
Bournemouth H
West Ham A
Huddersfield H
tbc Watford A

BURNLEY:

Leicester H
Wolves H
Bournemouth A
Cardiff H
Chelsea A
Man City H
Everton A
Arsenal H

CARDIFF:
Chelsea H
Man City A
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
MU A
tbc Albion A

Burnley’s last 4 matches are very tough. They need a points buffer by then, or they’ll have to go for their typical roughing-up/gamesmanship tactics against Arsenal on the final day.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Be good if Saints or Burnley get the third relegation place and hopefully Cardiff will do a Huddersfield in the second season in the Premier. I can't see Saints going but Burnley's run in is tricky. Cardiff have two huge away games against us and Burnley and home to Palace which they have to target as must wins.
I think a win and a draw will see us safe as long as we don't get a few stuffing in our games against Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City, goal difference could be key in the final reckoning to someone.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Few updates from this weekend.

Leicester 6
West Ham 6
Albion 4
Bournemouth 4
Everton 3
Newcastle 3
Southampton 3
Palace 1
Burnley -3
--
Cardiff -7
Fulham -14
Huddersfield -21

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quick update showing the recent fixture changes.

Attachments

• Fixtures Updated.png
    Fixtures Updated.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 356

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
I hope everyone's not too distracted.... but the upcoming game against Southampton looks like it's the next most important game of the season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope everyone's not too distracted.... but the upcoming game against Southampton looks like it's the next most important game of the season.

Until we play Cardiff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here