Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we safe already

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thing is I don't even think we have been shite.
Yesterday we were for long periods but even then we could/should have got something bar some bizarre decisions and some inspired goalkeeping.
Watford are 7th but we outplayed them.
Fulham horrendous 2nd half but superb first.
Before that we had some very tough games and don't think we were shite at all (Man Utd, Liverpool).
I think the Fulham collapse has affected people's view on how we have been playing - 1 and a half poor games does not mean we are suddenly one of the worst 3 teams in the league.
Agree with all this. Would love it if we can now finish with strong results and get to 42pts or more and a nice spot in the table.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forget all of the PL division 2, PL division 3 gobbledegook. In the real world of a relegation from the PL dogfight, yes, we are in deep shit.
No gobbledegook - there are 3 sub-divisions in the PL whether you like it or not - and no, we're not in deep shit. Still, if you think we're in the same position as Huddersfield - who are in deep shit - okey-doke, whatever.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thing is I don't even think we have been shite.
Yesterday we were for long periods but even then we could/should have got something bar some bizarre decisions and some inspired goalkeeping.
Watford are 7th but we outplayed them.
Fulham horrendous 2nd half but superb first.
Before that we had some very tough games and don't think we were shite at all (Man Utd, Liverpool).
I think the Fulham collapse has affected people's view on how we have been playing - 1 and a half poor games does not mean we are suddenly one of the worst 3 teams in the league.

Agreed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This was a very silly thread to start back in October, we are still not safe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking at their remaining fixtures, I reckon Burnley could be in trouble.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone think Cardiff can get more than 5 points from their remaining fixtures? Coming away us at some point and :

West Ham H
Chelsea H
Man City A
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
Man Utd A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at their remaining fixtures, I reckon Burnley could be in trouble.

Almost anybody in the bottom half could be in trouble if they go on a run in their remaining ten games (OK, it's 9 games now for most of them) like the ten game run we've just (hopefully) come out of.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone think Cardiff can get more than 5 points from their remaining fixtures? Coming away us at some point and :

West Ham H
Chelsea H
Man City A
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
Man Utd A
Can they? Yes ......... is it likely? Definitely no - and yes, looking at that fixture list does improve the chances of us staying up. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

West Ham H
Chelsea H
Man City A
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
Man Utd A

Definitely

They have it in them to beat Fulham, Burnley, Palace and of course us, if things fall their way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Cardiff will get a maximum 6 possibly 7 more points especially if Sol Bamber is out for any length of time. A win for us against Cardiff will send them down with Fulham and Huddersfield

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

West Ham H
Chelsea H
Man City A
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
Man Utd A

No.

Only Burnley and Fulham give them a glimmer, but both away. Plus it looked like Sol Bamba’s season might be over.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A relative of Mike Bamber?

03385C14000005DC-0-image-a-23_1428100658340.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here