Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I agree to an extent - Democrats certainly aren't blameless, however there are a number of Dems genuinely trying to do what is right for the country and stand up for their voters atm. There are pretty much ZERO Republicans doing that, so this "both sides" argument doesn't really wash, at least not at this specific point in time.

I was really referring to the fans, not the players. The people are polarised.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Click bait, I can’t stand Morgan whether he’s sneering at a right or left winger. Tosser.

Don’t give a shit about the charity work he does through cricket (a couple of NSC’ers have met him through club cricket and are in awe).

I can't stand him, after the Viglen scandal and his very close connection to phone hacking there should be no way back for him.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This was a good summary of the total face-palmery displayed by the Republicans yesterday :

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/27/loyalty-trump-cost-michael-cohen-republicans

Some choice quotes:

“My loyalty to Mr Trump has cost me everything,” Cohen warned. “My family’s happiness, my law license, my company, my livelihood, my honor, my reputation and soon my freedom.”

It just wasn’t clear if he was talking about himself, or the Republicans who have surrendered more than they care to admit for Donald Trump.

—-

Cohen had a warning for the Republican stooges sitting in front of him. They were in danger of becoming just like him.

“I’m responsible for your silliness because I did the same thing that you’re doing now for 10 years,” he said. “I protected Mr Trump for 10 years.”

The hapless Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, took a swing at Cohen but ended up falling off his stool. “Let’s go back at this credibility,” he bumbled after questioning Cohen’s legal credentials. “You want us to make sure that we think of you as a real philanthropic icon, that you’re about justice, that you’re the person that someone would call at three in the morning. No, they wouldn’t. Not at all … You’re a pathological liar. You don’t know truth from falsehood.”

“Sir, I’m sorry,” said Cohen. “Are you referring to me or the president?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan Albion

One thing that I don't think has got the attention it deserves from yesterday was the letter that Cohen provided that showed how Trump had him threaten legal action against any of Trump's schools that as much as breathed anything about his grades and SAT scores. Now call me a cynic but I haven't noticed stable geniuses with good marks doing this.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
One thing that I don't think has got the attention it deserves from yesterday was the letter that Cohen provided that showed how Trump had him threaten legal action against any of Trump's schools that as much as breathed anything about his grades and SAT scores. Now call me a cynic but I haven't noticed stable geniuses with good marks doing this.

I heard that Trump didn't want it known that he got an "A" (highest grade) in Spanish. It wouldn't look good if people knew the wall builder spoke to the hired help in their language.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sometimes forgotten, Pence is an evil piece of shite, without the obvious links to criminal activity.
I keep trying to remind people.

Trump is selfish egotistical wealthy white man who's daddy was considerbly richer.
He feels he's the greatest because nobody has ever dare tell him he isn't.

Pence, on the other hand, isn't in politics solely for himself, he's in it because God told him, and he makes his decisions based on the scriptures of God and the answers to his prayers.

Far far more dangerous.
Don't forget that Pence was Paul 'Kremlin' Manafort's pick to be Vice President.

Uncle Vova obviously approved the appointment.

Pence will be wearing a matching jumpsuit to Trumpski unless he can prove that Manafort picked him at random.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I agree to an extent - Democrats certainly aren't blameless, however there are a number of Dems genuinely trying to do what is right for the country and stand up for their voters atm. There are pretty much ZERO Republicans doing that, so this "both sides" argument doesn't really wash, at least not at this specific point in time.

You say that, yet that twit Orcasio Cortez and her ideologues in NY have pissed a lot of people off by ensuring the Amazon jobs all 25,000 of them and the financial boost it would have created were lost. That's despite having a 80% approval rating from people in those areas.

And this is one of their darling poster politicians for the future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't forget that Pence was Paul 'Kremlin' Manafort's pick to be Vice President.

Uncle Vova obviously approved the appointment.

Pence will be wearing a matching jumpsuit to Trumpski unless he can prove that Manafort picked him at random.

Purely from memory, so probably way off the mark, but I can't remember there being a long list of applicates wanting to back the 'joke' candidate.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You say that, yet that twit Orcasio Cortez and her ideologues in NY have pissed a lot of people off by ensuring the Amazon jobs all 25,000 of them and the financial boost it would have created were lost. That's despite having a 80% approval rating from people in those areas.

Now there's a complete re-writing of history. Amazon pulled out of the NY because of hostility to it from local unions and residents, citing fears of rent rises.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...k-victory-new-yorkers-now-congress-ncna971806

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-won-t-build-a-headquarters-in-new-york-city

According to Bloomberg, "But local opposition was fervent from the beginning. Lawmakers resented being excluded from negotiations for the deal, and decried the $3 billion in government subsidies offered to a company run by Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest man, while the city itself is facing budget cuts. Community groups feared rising rents in the neighborhood would push out long-time residents, and that the influx of workers would strain an already overburdened subway system."

Juan Albion

Worth digging out a bit more of that session because after calling him Tim Apple he went on another bizarrely out-of-place rant about border security, including saying that no-one knew anything about human trafficking until recently. He's just so scared to say "*I* didn't know" that he had to project that no-one else knew either. He's so weak.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
You say that, yet that twit Orcasio Cortez and her ideologues in NY have pissed a lot of people off by ensuring the Amazon jobs all 25,000 of them and the financial boost it would have created were lost.

From reading comments on other sports forums I can say that taxpayers from the state of New York are getting tired of tax money going to New York City. The state does not do much for upstate NY.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

"That twit". Honestly, you are a ****ing moron mate. Australia is the best place for you and your retarded ilk. No wonder the rest of the world sees your country as a backward bunch of ex cons.

Pathetic.

My sister in law went travelling years back and got a job in Sydney. She could have stayed but she bailed out because "Australian blokes are all so stupid and boring". She came back and married my best mate. Who is actually quite boring.

You are the flag bearer for Ozzy idiocy. You basically define it with the utter nonsense that you post. Tazzy isn't it? Chopper made way more sense than you sunshine.

Well played. The hand clap is slow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here