Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Anyway I'm off out, the offer of a 1k bet is on the table. With your infrastructure, world class facilities, wonderful youth teams, outstanding stadium, top notch recruitment and brilliant leadership it's easy money, naturally.
Yea cause if you get relegated before us we won't see you for dust you coward [emoji6]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] and I set up CPFC 2018 Ltd last year when Palace were being threatened with being struck off by the Registrar and a Palace regular offered to buy the company from us for £250. We offered to match the bid and transfer the company to him with all proceeds going to REMF and the Palace fan then disappeared from NSC.

#JustSayin

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Clubs like Palace are the reason wages are so inflated. They're saving £150k a week on wages? They just spunked that on Batshit.

My understanding is we’re paying around £70 k of his wages.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Championship and Premier League finances are impossible to compare. (unless you're a palace fan)

What are your feelings towards the new stand?

Surely it’s relative though?
Income increases, so does the wage bill .
In saying that, we need to get our wages to income ratio down .
Regarding the new stand, the sooner we get the ok to start, the better. The money is there , just a few issues over land and ownership of a house .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Regarding the new stand, the sooner we get the ok to start, the better. The money is there , just a few issues over land and ownership of a house .

So are you excited by it?
Do you think it'll be value for money?
Do you think it will sit well with the other 3 stands?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Surely it’s relative though? - absolutely, and as pointed out, due to your initial message, you overspent on wages on your promotion year, so criticising us is a little hypocritical.
Income increases, so does the wage bill . - but some clubs have a little more savvy about where their money goes, Palace are certainly not one of them.
In saying that, we need to get our wages to income ratio down . - exactly so your point above is null and void.
Regarding the new stand, the sooner we get the ok to start, the better. The money is there , just a few issues over land and ownership of a house. - I guess you are one of those that really believes your chairman. More fool you.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I find the willy waving tiresome, nearly all clubs in the Championship have wages that exceed income due to the nature of the division.

View attachment 104329

Palace have shown some form recently and fair play to them for that. You pay considerable higher wages than the Albion because there's no wage structure as such, which is fine so long as the 'star' players deliver, but it can cause resentment when you have the likes of Benteke and Meyer on £100k a week plus and others in the dressing room who are busting a gut are on a fraction of that.

My understanding at the Albion is that they have a wage structure such that the first team regulars are on a relatively tight range within £5k a week of one another, good for team spirit but it does mean that we are not in the same market as Palace when it comes to recruiting 'star' players, and that has pluses and minuses, clearly Tony Bloom and Steve Parish have a different philosophy on this one.

I have mates who are Palace fans, we both want each other to lose every match, but we have more in common with each other than we do with the armchair bellends who 'support' United, Liverpool, Chelsea and so on. We're also mature enough to discuss the merits and demerits (most think that whilst Parish is Palace through and through his desire to be loved by the HF hoodie brigade has done the club as a whole no favours).

Do me a favour if you can? Could you tell me what our wage expenditure was in our first year of premier league football compared to you last year, thanks

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I find the willy waving tiresome, nearly all clubs in the Championship have wages that exceed income due to the nature of the division.

View attachment 104329

Palace have shown some form recently and fair play to them for that. You pay considerable higher wages than the Albion because there's no wage structure as such, which is fine so long as the 'star' players deliver, but it can cause resentment when you have the likes of Benteke and Meyer on £100k a week plus and others in the dressing room who are busting a gut are on a fraction of that.

My understanding at the Albion is that they have a wage structure such that the first team regulars are on a relatively tight range within £5k a week of one another, good for team spirit but it does mean that we are not in the same market as Palace when it comes to recruiting 'star' players, and that has pluses and minuses, clearly Tony Bloom and Steve Parish have a different philosophy on this one.

I have mates who are Palace fans, we both want each other to lose every match, but we have more in common with each other than we do with the armchair bellends who 'support' United, Liverpool, Chelsea and so on. We're also mature enough to discuss the merits and demerits (most think that whilst Parish is Palace through and through his desire to be loved by the HF hoodie brigade has done the club as a whole no favours).

I always find your analysis of football finances very informative, even your Palace digs !
I wasn’t waving my willy, I was just pointing out your clubs shortcomings as well, irrespective of your owners wealth and substantial investment.
Anyway, I’ll shoot off now before the abuse starts :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always find your analysis of football finances very informative, even your Palace digs !
I wasn’t waving my willy, I was just pointing out your clubs shortcomings as well, irrespective of your owners wealth and substantial investment.
Before you go...
So are you excited by it?
Do you think it'll be value for money?
Do you think it will sit well with the other 3 stands?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do me a favour if you can? Could you tell me what our wage expenditure was in our first year of premier league football compared to you last year, thanks

Crytal Palace first wages in Premier League £3.77 million in 1992/3
Brighton and Hove Albion first wages in Premier League £77.6 million in 2017/18

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Surely it’s relative though? - absolutely, and as pointed out, due to your initial message, you overspent on wages on your promotion year, so criticising us is a little hypocritical.
Income increases, so does the wage bill . - but some clubs have a little more savvy about where their money goes, Palace are certainly not one of them.
In saying that, we need to get our wages to income ratio down . - exactly so your point above is null and void.
Regarding the new stand, the sooner we get the ok to start, the better. The money is there , just a few issues over land and ownership of a house. - I guess you are one of those that really believes your chairman. More fool you.

That season we sold Wilf to Man U, so that counteracted the wages overspend .

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Not really working for you is it as for all that money you are lining players pockets with you in a comparable league position to us.

March is cheap I am sure but give me him over mercenaries like Benteke what was it £30m and picking a a fair wedge each week as well. We are all looking on with envy. Agents must love your club nobody else will pay those wages for these mercenaries but there are palace at the end of every window with the treasure chest wide open.

Ah and the Wilf myth a player with the same goals and assists as our centre half. What is it now 4-5 transfers windows and still at Palace. We all know when the big clubs come calling the top players leave clubs like ours they are just not calling are they.

I never said it was working out, I said we tried. Do you believe that if you are still here in five years time your wages will not have to go up. To be fair to Benteke he did help us a lot in our first season and without him we would have been sunk. God knows what happened to him though, he has lost all ability to score. We will be lucky to get rid of him on a free, but I hope he can find his scoring boots again.
Zaha is not a myth. I'm not a cheerleader for him by any means, I love the footballer but the person, well no comment. You all talk about scoring, he is not a striker and has been played out of position so much. As a winger he opens teams up and in doing so creates space for others as they are busy with him. I would love to see him back on the wing and then judge him. I'm hoping Batshuayi can play that role and he can get back on the wing. I know you all love to hate him but he does have bundles of talent, I watch him every match so I should know.
As for Batshuayi, if he can take us two places higher with goals/assists he will have covered his supposed 130k a week wages. I don't know how much he cost us in wages or fees, more to the point neither does anyone else. The only one I would listen to and believe on here or the BBS is El Pres, as if anyone will know it will be him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

We do have shortcomings, which is what I discuss when I'm with my Palace supporting mates and family (my uncle lives in Norbury, I was born in Southwark, another of my uncles was at Charlton and MIllwall).

All clubs have pluses and minuses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
:D:D:D:D
I meant this time around lol

Crystal Palace Premier League Wages 1993-.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here