Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do any West Bromwich Albion fans own cars?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I only ask because I overtook about 40 coach-loads of fans on the way home just now and that would be most of their fans attending today.

Counting the train travellers too wouldn’t leave many drivers in their lot. Must mean that there are few drivers in The Midlands these days. That’s Brexit for you.

I didn’t have much to say about the game. If pressed, I would say that there were some lively individual performances (Bissouma, Burn and Gyokeres all showing well), but let-down by an overall lack of team awareness of where and when to make the killer pass. Oh, and WBA defended well, so it wasn’t all about what we failed to do.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I only ask because I overtook about 40 coach-loads of fans on the way home just now and that would be most of their fans attending today.

Counting the train travellers too wouldn’t leave many drivers in their lot. Must mean that there are few drivers in The Midlands these days. That’s Brexit for you.

I didn’t have much to say about the game. If pressed, I would say that there were some lively individual performances (Bissouma, Burn and Gyokeres all showing well), but let-down by an overall lack of team awareness of where and when to make the killer pass. Oh, and WBA defended well, so it wasn’t all about what we failed to do.

Their coach travel was subsidised for them today.
£20 return.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Must’ve been huge alcohol sales at the Amex and in Brighton today. Saw a big group of WBA fans walking up Queens Road at 2.30, still carrying pints of lager. Middle aged, the uniform was Stone Island and Burberry.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Must’ve been huge alcohol sales at the Amex and in Brighton today. Saw a big group of WBA fans walking up Queens Road at 2.30, still carrying pints of lager. Middle aged, the uniform was Stone Island and Burberry.

Might account for the handbags at Falmer station at 2.55

To the OP I saw one at Bridge car park

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Already said, £20 for the coach and £15 ticket, well worth the trip. Good day out for the boing boing Baggies.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The pissed WBA fans we saw, were blokes in their late 40’s and 50’s. Old skool berks.

Are you saying there are no BHA fans pissed and 40/50? Are we berks that should get over having a good time and wait for God?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
See someone else’s post linking those fans to punches thrown. That’s all.

I have no problem with booze at all, I can handle it like you no doubt, without the need to attack people.

I'd attack absolutely no-one or get involved these days, it seems everyone needs a weapon, I'm not into that.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
All credit to Seagull Travel for their organisation of the coach park. Never seen so many away coaches but our return to Seaford happened at 5.15 dead on time, so ST got those away coaches on their way double quick.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Midlanders do tend to be more environmentally aware than some,being surrounded by motorways.With our excellent transport systems,owning a car is not really important.I understand that a car is essential for some,but otherwise, selfish,lazy, owners should be discouraged by punitive taxation to move them on to mass transport systems.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Think it was a time paradox they had walked through from 1981.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I have a car and didn't make it to the match from the Steyning area. My clutch went at the top of Bear Road. Thankfully I made it on to Tenantry Down Road lest a few angry footie fans be caught behind.

I do believe that there is direct transport from the Rising Sun. Lesson learnt.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A lot of people on the mill road pandr

So some of them had cars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here