Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying the title

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Was I dreaming or was Sir Alex having a dig at Chelsea the other day for trying to buy the title ???

Hang on mate, surely that's what all the big clubs do. That what comes with having the millions that most clubs don't. Wasn't that what Fergie tried to do by spending about £80m on the combined transfers of Van Nistelrooy, Veron and Ferdinand.

Let's face it, all the big clubs do, to an extent, "buy" the title. Whether it's Real Madrid, Man Utd, or AC Milan in the 80's. The biggest clubs tend to be the ones splashing the most cash.

Is it not just the big guys having their nose put out that there is not only a new player at the top table, but it turns out this new player has even more cash than them.

Bloody Fergie, he gets right up my nose.

Rant over.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Ah but it mind games. Fergie only has a go at teams he considers to be a threat, he's obviously worried about them & I think he's right to worry. If Chelsea carry on as they are they will end up as the Real Madrid of England.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loved it when then little Blackburn bought the title. Who knows one of you guys could do a Jack Walker for us in a few years:clap2:

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
I saw Fergie being interviewed the other day. He was dead calm but looked the reddest I have ever seen anyone. George Hamilton and Bob Monkhouse were ghostly by comparison. I guess he'd been out in the sun for too long, either that or he'd just been ranting about Chelski.

I thought the colour had f***ed up on my telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here