Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who makes the second best scrambled eggs in the World?

What - you don't even own you own hens? You're a ****ing amateur.
That got me chuckling! Odd thing is, it wouldn't be at all funny if I thought you were being serious.

For sure. But again, who wants their poached eggs to come out looking like a ROBOT knocked them up?
It's no different to producing a perfectly round pizza.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
One of the utter delights in life is staying in a fancy hotel and goimg down for a full English in the morning, and then goimg back to bed to read the paper.

We stayed for one night bed, breakfast and dinner above Rick Steins seafood restaurant in Padstow a couple of years ago on a spring deal.
The breakfast was to die for, absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked, the choice was large and you could fill your boots.
In fact the whole thing was tip top.
The scrambled eggs were up there with the best I have ever had.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the utter delights in life is staying in a fancy hotel and goimg down for a full English in the morning, and then goimg back to bed to read the paper.

I sometimes have my breakie and then when I go back up to decide what church or museum we will visit I nod off to the most perfect extra two hours kip.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
anyone want to lay claim to the silver medal? Come on, second's still pretty good.

View attachment 109212

source.gif :cool:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If I’ve had a good year at work (I won’t have done) I’ll sometimes chop up some smoked salmon and add it to the eggs on a Christmas morning. One has to be cautious of adding salt to this though as the salmon has a salty taste when warmed up.
We know how to live over at Clamp Towers.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
At least no one has suggested so far using a microwave to scramble their eggs, it is all kinds of wrong.

I have to admit that I use a microwave all the time.to make scrambled eggs and they come out fine. The secret is to nuke them for a few seconds at a time (15 - 30 seconds) and whisk with a fork before nuking again until they get to the required consistency. I'm sure if you spend more time on traditional or fancy cooking methods you might bet better results but for ease and speed it's the microwave for me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm sure if you spend more time on traditional or fancy cooking methods you might bet better results but for ease and speed it's the microwave for me.

The same can be said for toast, fish and chips, roasting a chicken...

Sure, the traditional methods may give a better result, but the microwave will be easier and quicker.

:wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have to admit that I use a microwave all the time.to make scrambled eggs and they come out fine. The secret is to nuke them for a few seconds at a time (15 - 30 seconds) and whisk with a fork before nuking again until they get to the required consistency. I'm sure if you spend more time on traditional or fancy cooking methods you might bet better results but for ease and speed it's the microwave for me.

Not as revolting as people assume but they always come out too fluffy for my liking. You have to really get it right for microwave eggs to come out edible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here