Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Show on Ch 5.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Recorded it and just watching does Chris Iwellumo ever say anything positive about us? It is as if he has a grudge against us. Also dont think they should have a current player on the sofa as he cannot say anything of interest really due to regulations.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Obviously had a fall out and went to Germany? after the final...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think he's previously tipped us for promotion. May have been last season.

Surprised they didn't have Michael 'Wednesday' Grey on last night - although he was probably out drowning his sorrows.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought we might have got more as we were playing Wednesday. It's laughable for Iwelumo to say Huddersfield's win at Ipswich, who haven't scored in five games, is a bigger result than us winning at Wednesday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully the seagulls player highlights will be significantly extended as it's *not everyday we win at Wednesday*

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Recorded it and just watching does Chris Iwellumo ever say anything positive about us? It is as if he has a grudge against us. Also dont think they should have a current player on the sofa as he cannot say anything of interest really due to regulations.

As usual BG your thread is correct and astute, never not heard anything positive about us from him, last night when he was asked who had the best result i immediately said Huddersfield and he did, and he would not have even acknowledged us if he was not given the choice.
Last season he constantly tipped us to fall away even when we were flying way before December, and even then we came back but he gave us no chance.
If he tipped us for promotion i missed it and i doubt he did.
I am not being precious here but it is obvious he, for some reason, does not like us and he is prepared to make himself look and idiot by saying it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thought we might have got more as we were playing Wednesday. It's laughable for Iwelumo to say Huddersfield's win at Ipswich, who haven't scored in five games, is a bigger result than us winning at Wednesday.

They may not have scored in five games, but until yesterday they hadn't lost at home this season either. To be fair I think it was a big big win for the Terriers, after all we didn't manage to win there either

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
They may not have scored in five games, but until yesterday they hadn't lost at home this season either. To be fair I think it was a big big win for the Terriers, after all we didn't manage to win there either

I see your point but think more teams will win at Ipswich this year than at Sheffield Wednesday. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, happy to stay under the radar again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Huddersfield v Wednesday in the next round of matches.

I hope Wednesday win that one.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I really couldn't care less what these so called 'pundits' think of us. The more they ignore us and hype up other teams the better it is for us as we can go under the radar to a certain degree. The real pressure in this division is on the relegated Premiership clubs.

The "Who got the best result?" question was obviously one of those contrived "debating points" that pap television relies on. One pundit says one thing, the other says something different. The players in this particular game played their roles correctly, but neither of them sounded convincing.

That's how TV works, though.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I've always noticed he is very negative about us. I don't remember any issues when he left but maybe there were which is why he doesn't seem to like us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Huddersfield v Wednesday in the next round of matches.

I hope Wednesday win that one.

It might help us long time if they do. I really rate Huddersfield, Wagner has done an immense job in rebuilding the team. About a quarter of the season gone now and they are still clear at the top.

Despite suffering their first two defeats fairly recently, they bounced back with two straight wins. They are showing staying power, and I can see them making the play offs with ease this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Laughed out loud when I heard his comment. He should be asked the question...." who will finish higher, Wednesday or Ipswich? "....that is a no brainer. Wednesday will be in the play-offs, Ipswich will struggle to get in the top half.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It might help us long time if they do. I really rate Huddersfield, Wagner has done an immense job in rebuilding the team. About a quarter of the season gone now and they are still clear at the top.

Despite suffering their first two defeats fairly recently, they bounced back with two straight wins. They are showing staying power, and I can see them making the play offs with ease this season.
Newcastle v Brentford as well, so points to be dropped at the top, but we need to make sure we beat Preston.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

As usual BG your thread is correct and astute, never not heard anything positive about us from him, last night when he was asked who had the best result i immediately said Huddersfield and he did, and he would not have even acknowledged us if he was not given the choice.
Last season he constantly tipped us to fall away even when we were flying way before December, and even then we came back but he gave us no chance.
If he tipped us for promotion i missed it and i doubt he did.
I am not being precious here but it is obvious he, for some reason, does not like us and he is prepared to make himself look and idiot by saying it.

Agree with this. I was thinking exactly the same. Threw his toys out of the pram when we refused to buy him a house (or something similar) as a signing on fee if I remember correctly. We were potless at the time (cue [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

Still remember the foul on him that lead to Leon Knight's penalty at Cardiff.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Agree with this. I was thinking exactly the same. Threw his toys out of the pram when we refused to buy him a house (or something similar) as a signing on fee if I remember correctly. We were potless at the time (cue [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

Still remember the foul on him that lead to Leon Knight's penalty at Cardiff.

...you mean when he clicked his own heels and brought himself down.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
...you mean when he clicked his own heels and brought himself down.

Interesting point. I was behind the goal and it looked like a genuine foul to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here