Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bailif advice needed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why? I used to post on pepipoo when I had time, and HC Andersen and Neil B are VERY knowledgeable regulars there who are giving their views and asking questions...

Yet the OP appears to have only read what cp8759 said...I've never heard of him, or can't remember him anyway. Why stop at the first short damning reply and not answer what the others are saying about challenging the sum of money?

HCA in particular has set out all the issues and says:

I get the impression you're feeling somewhat irritated by the OP, and I can't blame you. It it were me who alerted you to the thread, I apologise.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What kind of name is pepipoo for a site anyway? Sounds like something a posh middle-class mum in Fiveways Village would say to her toddler. 'Toby do you want to go pepipoo?'

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
Thank you to everyone for your help and advice, sorry I’ve been a bit slow in replying.

I reluctantly paid the amount, the original fault fell with me not changing over the address on the log book. I checked back through my emails and we sold the car 4 days after we moved so a bit unfortunate but in the end I decided I didn’t want the stress of a bailiff potentially turning up at the house and clamping the car or giving my wife a hard time when I’m at work.

I still think at times like this it’s awful that councils are selling or passing on debts to these absolute dogs. I am lucky that I’m in a position where I can afford to pay, It’s upsetting to think what it must be like for the people who end up in situations like this that simply cannot pay.

Shame on the councils do this, especially at a time when we should be encouraging people to stay in the UK for holidays.

As for the post not being forwarded on, it would have been nice if she did but isn’t obliged to do so I can’t really look to blame her.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thank you to everyone for your help and advice, sorry I’ve been a bit slow in replying.

I reluctantly paid the amount, the original fault fell with me not changing over the address on the log book. I checked back through my emails and we sold the car 4 days after we moved so a bit unfortunate but in the end I decided I didn’t want the stress of a bailiff potentially turning up at the house and clamping the car or giving my wife a hard time when I’m at work.

I still think at times like this it’s awful that councils are selling or passing on debts to these absolute dogs. I am lucky that I’m in a position where I can afford to pay, It’s upsetting to think what it must be like for the people who end up in situations like this that simply cannot pay.

Shame on the councils do this, especially at a time when we should be encouraging people to stay in the UK for holidays.

As for the post not being forwarded on, it would have been nice if she did but isn’t obliged to do so I can’t really look to blame her.

To be fair, what else could the council do? You had a penalty for parking and it only escalated due to the coincidental set of circumstances that followed that meant they could not trace you easily. I'd also arrange for post to be forwarded by Royal Mail for at least 3 months after you move.

Finally, I've been to Blackpool twice and anything that discourages people going there is a good thing!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What kind of name is pepipoo for a site anyway? Sounds like something a posh middle-class mum in Fiveways Village would say to her toddler. 'Toby do you want to go pepipoo?'

Fiveways Village :lolol:
Somehow I imagine some of the mums with toddlers called Toby actually tell people they live in Fiveways Village. :facepalm:

Yes odd name for a parking website.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To be fair, what else could the council do?

Here is just a simple thought.

When a driver parks on the street in Brighton, Lewes etc and let’s say pays to park but overstays the time paid for, as you know a warden will issue a ticket and it’s fixed to the vehicle windscreen.

In a council car park in Blackpool it would be useful if the same happened, the op would have known on his return to his car he had overstayed or forgotten to buy a ticket.

I must admit I occasionally use a council owned car park in Seaford but I always make a note of how long I have paid for to park.
I have never had a ticket so I’m not 100% sure if the wardens fix tickets to windscreens in this car park.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

When a driver parks on the street in Brighton, Lewes etc and let’s say pays to park but overstays the time paid for, as you know a warden will issue a ticket and it’s fixed to the vehicle windscreen.

In a council car park in Blackpool it would be useful if the same happened, the op would have known on his return to his car he had overstayed or forgotten to buy a ticket.

I must admit I occasionally use a council owned car park in Seaford but I always make a note of how long I have paid for to park.
I have never had a ticket so I’m not 100% sure if the wardens fix tickets to windscreens in this car park.

True, but you don't know if one was put on the windscreen and some scrote removed it!

Here's another thought, don't overstay or don't park where you're not supposed to park or a host of other things.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like a good deal to me, I'd happily pay £350 if it guaranteed I never returned to Blackpool.

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
The one thing I’m sure of is there was no ticket on the car. I tried to call Blackpool council this week and for parking it’s only an automated service.

I don’t have all the answers for a better solution, but would start with not selling them on to company’s that add hundreds of pounds for sending a text message and making a few calls.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good scam search Blackpool CCTV in car parks for cars registered in the South of England make up some bullshit about a parking ticket the mark gets panicky about bailiffs (still no proof of an outstanding parking ticket supplied by debt collector) mark pays near £400.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Fiveways Village :lolol:
Somehow I imagine some of the mums with toddlers called Toby actually tell people they live in Fiveways Village. :facepalm:

Yes odd name for a parking website.

Last time I was in Fiveways, I was renting Ghostbusters from Strudwicks on VHS.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
The one thing I’m sure of is there was no ticket on the car. I tried to call Blackpool council this week and for parking it’s only an automated service.

I don’t have all the answers for a better solution, but would start with not selling them on to company’s that add hundreds of pounds for sending a text message and making a few calls.

But the Council hasn't sold the debt has it? It issued a PCN and you didn't pay it, so it took the matter to court and obtained a court order for the debt. The bailiffs are appointed by the court to recover the debt set out in the court order - and the bailiffs' costs fall to the debtor.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My advice is
1: never answer the phone to a number you don’t know, if it’s that important they will leave a message.
I google every number I don’t know, read reviews and 99.99% of the time I then block the number.
2: never pay anything unless you have a paper copy posted to your address, a text or phone call is not proof you owe anything.
3: never seek advice on a social media web site for football, like I did several years ago :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My advice is
1: never answer the phone to a number you don’t know, if it’s that important they will leave a message.
I google every number I don’t know, read reviews and 99.99% of the time I then block the number.
2: never pay anything unless you have a paper copy posted to your address, a text or phone call is not proof you owe anything.
3: never seek advice on a social media web site for football, like I did several years ago :lolol:

Agree with 1 and 2, but 3, come on....I think you need to have the right question though, and if you have the right question, an ability to filter the replies ??? :wink:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Wardens? That's so last century!
These things are all managed by camera on entry [time of arrival], camera on exit [time of departure] and number plate recognition - then matched to the ticket your purchased [or didn't].
No need for wardens anymore ...
Fine issue process is almost fully automated.
But as [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] will say, rule one is never tell them who was driving as parking fines are a drivers offence, not the vehicle owner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here