Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Probably won't see him then, how far do they have to go up ?

They need to be top 50 and are currently 73rd but there is an African cup of nations tournament this summer which may help change their rankings significantly.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Probably won't see him then, how far do they have to go up ?

They have to be in the top 75 [they’re 73rd but only just snuck in] and for a sustained period and he has to have played in >70% of their matches in the last 2 years.

Tau’s purchase was nothing other than a business transaction.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They need to be top 50 and are currently 73rd but there is an African cup of nations tournament this summer which may help change their rankings significantly.

They have to be in the top 75 [they’re 73rd but only just snuck in] and for a sustained period and he has to have played in >70% of their matches in the last 2 years.

Tau’s purchase was nothing other than a business transaction.

So what gives?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lost their final match of the season 2 - 1 to Zulte Waregem of the league above ( who had ex-Seagull Henrik Bjordal in the team ).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need a new manager - the last one left to go to Amiens.FC in Ligue 1, France.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I was thinking the same.

Watching the Romania U21 match yesterday Martin Tyler and co comms said there is nothing Liam doesn't know about football.

I find him articulate, passionate and he always talks sense. I really hope he goes on to be our manager one day.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpgimage.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Must have been nearly a year now, why so long a hold up.
Wouldn't happen to Manure or City.

No, of course it wouldn't. Big club, top six club, whatever................

Just like Gotsmanov - couldn't be allowed to play for for little old Brighton, but when a first division club (in his case Stains) wanted him, that was suddenly OK.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, of course it wouldn't. Big club, top six club, whatever................

Just like Gotsmanov - couldn't be allowed to play for for little old Brighton, but when a first division club (in his case Stains) wanted him, that was suddenly OK.
You sure? I thought he was going to play for us but Southampton stepped in and offered a better contract. What was really galling was that he hardly played for them at all but he'd have been an ever present for us.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You sure? I thought he was going to play for us but Southampton stepped in and offered a better contract. What was really galling was that he hardly played for them at all but he'd have been an ever present for us.

He did play for us, 16 times. It seems you are right about Stains making a better offer, though - I was sure I remembered something at the time about work permits or registration - there wasn't as much information available for distant fans in those days, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He did play for us, 16 times. It seems you are right about Stains making a better offer, though - I was sure I remembered something at the time about work permits or registration - there wasn't as much information available for distant fans in those days, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Yeah, in those 16 performances, he became one of my favourite ever Brighton players. Such a classy player with such a cool head. Loved him.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah, in those 16 performances, he became one of my favourite ever Brighton players. Such a classy player with such a cool head. Loved him.
Is still to this day my favourite player, must be to do with my age at the time and how different he was from our expectations of a Brighton player at the time, that dribble from the kick off when he nearly went all the way was exquisite.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like a significant drama has broken out at USG. Not sure the player is being very wise...

You'll need to translate it.

http://www.rusg.brussels/article/communique-officiel-14

Wesley, Trossard, Djenepo, ... The outgoing transfers, which have already brought more than 100 ME to Belgian football this summer, could be compromised in the future following the direct and incomprehensible attack of KV Kortrijk against our system. transfers. Berge and Vanaken will they leave for nothing three times abroad? The danger is real! Facts :
The RUSG player, Faïz Selemani, contracted until June 2021 with an option until June 2022, personally announced in May this year to the media that he was leaving the Union. Despite his words and desires to start, the club has not received any concrete offer for his player. He therefore trained normally and started the competition.
Subsequently, KV Kortrijk, through its General Manager Matthias Leterme, sent a completely unrealistic offer to RUSG, which our Club obviously refused. During a telephone conversation between the two clubs, it was determined that supply and demand were too far apart to begin negotiations.
Following this, the player was personally contacted by the management of KVK, under the authority of its president Joseph Allijns, well known as a censor of Belgian football, occupying in addition a position of leader of the Pro League and the URBSFA . It was recognized by both the player and the Kortrijk club that there had been direct contact with the management and coach of the Flemish club.
Suddenly, the player claimed to be suffering from an injury and therefore no longer able to train with the group, while demanding his transfer ... After a week of rest, Faïz Selemani finally demanded to train with the group, not respecting the medical protocol following an injury, as all players do after a convalescence.
The player then came to the training complex with one goal: to sabotage the collective training. Faced with this sad conclusion and the promise on his part that it would happen again the next day, our Club had no other solution than to place his player in the B core so that he can get back to his mind and body, and to allow to the group to calmly prepare the meeting of the weekend. The player has been notified by email and phone of this decision. An appointment was made the next morning with our CEO at the head office of the Royal Union Saint-Gilloise in Brussels, to come back rested on the events of the day.
The player shone by his absence at this meeting, but was nevertheless present at the training center in the same state of mind as the day before. Security guards, and later the police, had to intervene to bring calm to the Unionist Training Center. The same morning, Faïz Selemani's agent sent a registered letter asking to terminate his client's employment contract.
The reasons given by the Club are the placement of the player in kernel B and the prohibition to train with the group. Our club will challenge these facts in court, but can not prevent the player from being "free". A few days later, the KV Kortrijk announced on its website and on its social networks, without notifying the Union, the signature of the player. It is clear that "the serious fault" was created from scratch by the player and his entourage in order to make a transfer without agreement at the club level, to the club of his choice.
Union Saint-Gilloise is perplexed by these events, not only because of the actions of the parties concerned, but also because of the way of circumventing the rules by misusing the "1978 Law". That a Belgian professional club, led by an influential person in our football, thinks and applies without any embarrassment such a scenario is appalling and harms our football.
Our club will obviously claim its rights in this case, but the Union is particularly worried about the precedent created. The bomb that KV Kortrijk deliberately placed under the transfer system is unheard of. Our football would take an insidious risk if the Kortrijk club were to get away with no penalty in this case. Let us not forget that if the investments made, which also form the main income of the clubs, were to disappear following these dubious practices where each player could unilaterally break his contract for fictitious reasons, the whole economy of the Belgian football s would find it upset.
The severance pay will be paid with pleasure by the player and / or the club that is complicit in the termination, which are well below the transfer fees.
The Royal Union Saint-Gilloise turns in first instance to the URBSFA and the Pro League. Clear rules exist in a "code of conduct" that does not accept the excesses of the 1978 Act, although we all know that some

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here