Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
They have been paying one subsidy to ST which you could say is covered by premien we pay on season ticket ST offers a good service that also helps club out. Understand 20% have left because of increase. I think public transport and P and Rs would have a job to cope with 1000s extra if Seagull Travel wasnt there. Already one has to be at Mill Rd one and half hours before KO.

It wasn't paid to the supporters club coaches. They only provided coaches to away games which wouldn't get a subsidy. Maybe the A21 club got it as they did provide transport to home games.

Sorry to disagree with you but I know it was paid to our supporters club coach that parks at The Amex as we have had an increase to the cost of travel to help cover the withdrawn subsidy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry to disagree with you but I know it was paid to our supporters club coach that parks at The Amex as we have had an increase to the cost of travel to help cover the withdrawn subsidy.

That's for home games. Are you the MidSussex lot?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The club subsidise transport available to everyone (First Subsidy) using buses and trains in the Travel Zone. So even if you live outside that zone, you get subsidised travel once you hop on a bus or train in the zone. [All supporters are ultimately paying for this through ticket payments].

Seagulls Travel, a commercial for profit company unconnected to the club, and supporters clubs, were getting a club subsidy (Double Subsidy). Costing the club the best part of £1m a season. Unlike the competition of all other bus, train and coach providers who received nothing, and so fans travelling with them received no subsidised benefit.

I just think it is small minded of club to increase match day cost to those that use ST which is a good but already expensive service. Would like to see club disclose travel cost because the huge figures dont add up. May be wrong but thought additional amount added to seats was is £50. If multipied by average gate of 30k this ammounts to £1.5m Club must have idea of no of cars,coaches, Sea/travel, others etc and these nos must be taken away from what given to Train/bus companies. Do people think this really is a large ammount on top of the £1.5m The indication by club that they are doing coaches a favour by not charging them is a joke. Great stadm but crap position ,where else can they park

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Isn’t that what we are referring to?

There are supporters coaches like Blues Away and the supporters club coaches who only provide travel for away games. I thought your post gave the impression that all supporters' coaches get a subsidy.
Sorry it was just me being pedantic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I just think it is small minded of club to increase match day cost to those that use ST which is a good but already expensive service. Would like to see club disclose travel cost because the huge figures dont add up. May be wrong but thought additional amount added to seats was is £50. If multipied by average gate of 30k this ammounts to £1.5m Club must have idea of no of cars,coaches, Sea/travel, others etc and these nos must be taken away from what given to Train/bus companies. Do people think this really is a large ammount on top of the £1.5m The indication by club that they are doing coaches a favour by not charging them is a joke. Great stadm but crap position ,where else can they park
The £50 per ticket does not cover the costs of the travel plan, and the club puts in extra money on top.

Looks like it is the extra club money they want to reduce.

I've long thought that at some point they will reduce the rail zone to between Brighton and Lewes, but luckily it hasn't happened yet.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I can't see what the issue is for resolving this.
Average home attendance (say) 27,000
Seagull Travel (say 50 coaches carrying 60 each) -3,000
Car parks (say 500 cars carrying 2 each) -1,000
Fans dropped off (est) -1,000

Fans using Subsidised travel 22,000

So you pay train and bus companies the subsidy collected from tickets to transport 22,000. You give Seagull Travel the subsidy for 3,000 and the club pocket the rest. Simples.

Yep, just need to include people who walk or cycle in the calc and that plan works.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You’ve formulated the first question at next August’s fans forum.

Please book a place, I’d love to see PB and you go at loggerheads over that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here