Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Analytics

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I liked his/her heatmap of Ryan. :moo:

I'm a statistics nerd but that is pushing it.

[tweet]1150321645409701888[/tweet]

Yes. But most of that was chasing Izquierdo all around the pitch after he scored against West Ham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Driving along the seafront in Hove yesterday the police pulled over a nice Porsche out steps Bruno the traffic was particularly slow so as I pulled along side I lowered the window to offer my advice to the policeman "come on let him off its Bruno the mans a god" both Bruno and the policeman laughed which either ment my intervention was helpful or it was not, the morel of this story I was to the right of Bruno as was the policeman with Bruno's wife just behind and my advice freely given was clearly heard which indicated to me guidance to a back four is best provided by the left or right back, I don't need charts it's just common sence

:thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

It's an interesting account, though lost some credibility in one of the friendlies (Crawley I think) he said the team had changed from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1, when they actually changed from 4-2-3-1 to 3-5-2. Not great analytics there!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Everyone is younger than Bruno :) There was definitely a great understanding between Knocky and Bruno - another of the important 'partnerships' on the pitch, just didn't seem to click the same way between Montoya and Knocky

Wonder if the analyst does requests ???

My initial thoughts are it is down to the manager to mould his players into a position and to help them understand their role. Montoya has several attributes that make him a better option than Bruno yet the statistics suggest he was a worse option, it will be interesting to see how Potter does in developing the talent we have and in creating opportunities to the youngsters when he feels the first team haven't done what he expected of them or even asked of them during a game. There's probably nothing as helpful to focus your mind and concentration levels as loosing your place to a 18 year old who is willing to fulfil a role that the manager ask of them

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Whilst I hear you it will be interesting to compare his heatmap after first ten games under Potterball as I’d expect him to be simultaneously more exposed but have to be out of his box a bit more sweeper keepering.
[MENTION=21215]Dazzer[/MENTION]6666 thanks for the heads up re the account I’ll make sure to follow

Oh I know. I like the user really, I follow them.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Massive fan of this account. Really helpful and insightful.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm not on Twatter (not into all this social media shite) - so any good ones, if you can post on here for us social outcasts. :wave:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I find stats interesting but this sort of thing is mainly a bit wanky.

What does it actually tell us that we don't already know? Strange account.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This, along with absolutely polluting the #BHAFC timeline, I've had to mute the account. I like some of the stuff they post and find some of it very interesting, but it's so excessive it's spam at this point.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I liked his/her heatmap of Ryan. :moo:

I'm a statistics nerd but that is pushing it.

[tweet]1150321645409701888[/tweet]

I do believe that heatmap will be interesting to compare with this seasons, but yeah, right now, it isn't telling us anything we didn't know.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
This, along with absolutely polluting the #BHAFC timeline, I've had to mute the account. I like some of the stuff they post and find some of it very interesting, but it's so excessive it's spam at this point.
To my mind, this kind of content is far more valuable and interesting than the childish dross that fills up the majority of the #BHAFC tag, or in and around the club posts. Entitled idiots spamming twitter with “SIGN SOME PLAYERS OR WE’RE DOWN, CLUB IS A JOKE”, and other irrelevant rubbish is 80% of what I’m seeing at present - and I’ve ensures not to follow these kind of accounts. I like that someone goes to the effort of providing other fans with information they might not otherwise see, and opens up debate on what’s going well and what could be improved. But equally, of course you may not like everything they put up, which is only natural.
I do believe that heatmap will be interesting to compare with this seasons, but yeah, right now, it isn't telling us anything we didn't know.
Whilst it might not tell an Albion fan anything particularly new, about Ryan, it does provide an interesting reference point to goalkeepers who play in a different system. I guess the information is of interest who other football fans who want to know how goalkeeper positions compare, same goes for all the other content - stats are contextualised amongst the output and performance of other players. Ederson, for example, looks very different:
View attachment 113444

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To my mind, this kind of content is far more valuable and interesting than the childish dross that fills up the majority of the #BHAFC tag, or in and around the club posts. Entitled idiots spamming twitter with “SIGN SOME PLAYERS OR WE’RE DOWN, CLUB IS A JOKE”, and other irrelevant rubbish is 80% of what I’m seeing at present - and I’ve ensures not to follow these kind of accounts. I like that someone goes to the effort of providing other fans with information they might not otherwise see, and opens up debate on what’s going well and what could be improved. But equally, of course you may not like everything they put up, which is only natural.

Whilst it might not tell an Albion fan anything particularly new, about Ryan, it does provide an interesting reference point to goalkeepers who play in a different system. I guess the information is of interest who other football fans who want to know how goalkeeper positions compare, same goes for all the other content - stats are contextualised amongst the output and performance of other players. Ederson, for example, looks very different:
View attachment 113444

100% this - the real spam is the 'Announce Maupay' type bollocks or the posts from the hard of thinking about 'why is Tau going to Brugge, Potter is an IDIOT for not bringing him to BHA' ..............AA does pots a lot but it's easy to scroll past those that aren't of particular interest

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
AA not telling us anything we didn't already know:-

[tweet]1176167223522375689[/tweet]

[tweet]1176167295300833283[/tweet]

Screenshot_20190923-200755.png

They seem to be telling us slightly more than you are...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here