Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

£15million, deal done. He's a Championship player in my opinion, but a bloody good one. He's the ideal signing for teams wanting to get promoted and I'd imagine he'd much better enjoy being the main man in the Championship again.

I totally agree. He is a great player, and we all love him, but he simply is not good enough for the PL. I was hoping he’d do better, but apart from the odd game, he’s come up short.
I think he’s perfect for the Championship. He has the skill and the ability at that level to shine, but not against the best defenders in the world, which is what he’s up against in the PL. it’s just a step too far for him.
If he goes, I wish him all the best, and thanks for the memories.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
15m + promotion add-ons. Yes please.

He's a big fish in a small pond player.

As a small fish in the Premier League, he's often petulant, moody, reckless and ill-disciplined. The team are often left to play as 10 or 10.5 men when he temporarily gives up. The worst of him, in my opinion, is his selfishness, both on and off the ball.

He can win a game, but I believe he costs more than he contributes.

I really, really wanted to like him. He was just immense in the Championship, but keeping him is a gamble, in my opinion.

Now all of that said, we clearly cannot find a suitable replacement for 15m, so :shrug:

Agree with all this,

He's a stand-out player in the league below and Fulham are (relatively) flush with cash. We should be able to squeeze £20M out of them.
Throw in Ali J and perhaps we'll get £20M and a kit kat.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I get the view that he is frustrated by his inadequacies at PL level and this manifests itself in his attitude and petulance that the team cannot afford. I agree that championship is the level at which he can excel and with the number of alternatives we now have, and the hope that one of the youngsters can have an opportunity in the team this year, I’d bite their hand off for £15 million.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Real shame imo if we don’t get to see him play in an Albion team that shows some intent to attack at this level.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I love the fella.

But I loved him more when he was the best player in the Championship (by some margin).

It was fine giving him all the TLC a few years ago but the best he’ll ever be is an average Premier League player so it’s time to sell if we’re getting £15m+ offers.

Will do the changing room the world of good IMHO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anthony has been looking at houses in the Fulham area, and is apparently ‘almost certain’ that he is going. I want to see him work under Potter, and with Izquierdo out for a while yet I feel we’d be a little light in the wide areas.

He's getting ahead of himself isn't he, considering there hasn't even been a bid yet. Interest yes, but there needs to be a solid bid first. Fulham failed with the last purchase they tried to get from us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not on his showing in The Premier so far, take the money.

How many of our attacking players have looked up to it so far? Take your pick

He has put in some mega defensive performances chasing things down but has very rarely been played to his strengths since we got promoted. Be a shame not to see him in a more attacking line up imo

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
He's getting ahead of himself isn't he, considering there hasn't even been a bid yet. Interest yes, but there needs to be a solid bid first. Fulham failed with the last purchase they tried to get from us.

I’ve been aware that this has been on the cards for a while. Though Fulham have only recently come into the equation, but Knocky has come close to leaving over the last few months. As Naylor writes the discussions aren’t advanced, with no official bid, but interest has been registered for a while - and by the article it looks like figures are being discussed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I totally agree. He is a great player, and we all love him, but he simply is not good enough for the PL. I was hoping he’d do better, but apart from the odd game, he’s come up short.
I think he’s perfect for the Championship. He has the skill and the ability at that level to shine, but not against the best defenders in the world, which is what he’s up against in the PL. it’s just a step too far for him.
If he goes, I wish him all the best, and thanks for the memories.
If he’s not a PL player then WTF is March? Fluffs 99% of his crosses beats his man once then it’s all over as the defender soon susses him out.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
You haven't got a car.

You don't need one when you've got your own train.

IMG_20190712_205409.jpg

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
It's a tough one. £15 million is a great return for a player who has flattered to deceive thus far in the PL. However, he does have talent and would probably benefit (as others would) from the change of management. For me, I'd sell him, his temperament would be the defining factor. If he stays, then that'd be fine too.

:bhasign:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking at the squad make up.

Potter played a 4-2-3-1 formation most frequently last year, but also has a liking for 3 at the back.

To satisfy this the squad ideally would have

GK(3) - Ryan, Button, Steele

LB(2) - Bernardo, Bong

CB(5) - Dunk, Duffy, Burn, Balogun, Clarke

RB(2) - Montoya +1

CM(4) - Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal, Stephens

ACM(2) - Groß +1

ALM(2) - Trossard, Locadia

ARM(2) - Alireza, March

CF(3) - Murray, Andone +1

So trading Knocky in for a more central midfield attacker seems to make some sense.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I’d take 15m for him if it was my call
What is 15 Million if we are relegated from the Premiership? Offer them March or Jahanbakhsh. Fulham wouldn't want them because they are not good enough. Over the last two season I have travelled away and chatted to opposition fans they all say how good a player Knocky is. Would be a massive blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here