Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great weekend running all. While some of you were parkrunning or running along the Downs, I was plodding my way through 100 miles (and over 7,000ft of elevation) on two wheels. Rest day on Sunday and then a disastrous (time-wise) 8-miler yesterday – heavy legs doesn't cover it. Had a swim in the sea this morning to get over it!

Bev parkrun in a nono for me, I'm afraid. I'd love to, but it's Jnr Bobkin's birthday and my life wouldn't be worth living if I suck off at that time!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great weekend running all. While some of you were parkrunning or running along the Downs, I was plodding my way through 100 miles (and over 7,000ft of elevation) on two wheels. Rest day on Sunday and then a disastrous (time-wise) 8-miler yesterday – heavy legs doesn't cover it. Had a swim in the sea this morning to get over it!

Bev parkrun in a nono for me, I'm afraid. I'd love to, but it's Jnr Bobkin's birthday and my life wouldn't be worth living if I suck off at that time!

If you what ??? It's only a run, you don't have to do anything else, even in Bevendean........:eek::eek::eek:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll just leave this here... (day after Beachy).

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 16.21.33.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Definitely interested,

I reckon it'll be 60 laps, anyone else?

I heard it's up and down the steps to WSU :lol:

Edit: I've just thought – there might be PIES at the aid stations :drool::thumbsup:punk:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'll just leave this here... (day after Beachy).

View attachment 99970

Wow! That would bring me out of marathon retirement. I've got 2 months to get marathon fit and having run 14 miles 11 days ago, I reckon I can get this done. It's going to be a huge number of laps though I presume? It can only be 300 metres max per lap unless they run around the stadium.

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A potential fly in my Amex marathon ointment could be Plantar Fasciitis. I've had pain in my foot for a couple of weeks, albeit mild. Really not sure what it is but could well be PF.

Reading back through the thread and paying particular attention to [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] posts it seems like there are some decent recovery options.

Is a frozen water bottle a better option than foam rolling? I'll definitely try the Strassburg sock.

I also bought a new pair of Hoka's yesterday (still unused) but Bondi's rather than Clifton's. These are very well padded shoes so I could switch to them immediately.

Are there any tell, tell signs that it is PF? The pain really isn't that bad and isn't there all the time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely interested,

I reckon it'll be 60 laps, anyone else?

Wow! That would bring me out of marathon retirement. I've got 2 months to get marathon fit and having run 14 miles 11 days ago, I reckon I can get this done. It's going to be a huge number of laps though I presume? It can only be 300 metres max per lap unless they run around the stadium.

Have known about this for a while but was sworn to secrecy until it was confirmed........annoyingly the date might not work for me but will see what happens. If I’m not running I’ll be helping out anyway. I’ll find out how many laps and the exact route - hopefully avoids most of the steps (up the ramp on the West, along Village Way and back down to the East via the coach park perhaps ?)

Has anyone done the Xmas 5k thing at the Amex in the past ? Imagine it’ll be the same lap.......

Sussex Trail Events are ace....loads of potential in this one to have as many clubs represented as possible etc. Great news [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
An even bigger fly is the fact the wife has just told me our wedding anniversary is October 27th. That rules me out PF or no PF.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Have known about this for a while but was sworn to secrecy until it was confirmed........annoyingly the date might not work for me but will see what happens. If I’m not running I’ll be helping out anyway. I’ll find out how many laps and the exact route - hopefully avoids most of the steps (up the ramp on the West, along Village Way and back down to the East via the coach park perhaps ?)

Has anyone done the Xmas 5k thing at the Amex in the past ? Imagine it’ll be the same lap.......

Sussex Trail Events are ace....loads of potential in this one to have as many clubs represented as possible etc. Great news [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I did the first Amex Christmas 5k - we were led by Gully who took us the wrong way and we all ended up running down a road with traffic on it! So I don’t think that will be much of a guide. I do still have the medal!

I’m away for this event too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I think that's the idea. You could get back to fitness in that time – go for it!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I thought you might have been ITK, given you didn't comment on the FB thread... :lol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Can’t be around the pitch; it’d be absolutely ruined by loads of people running 100+ laps! Even if the distance around the stadium outer concourse is stretched to around 1K, 42 laps sounds horrendously tedious.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t be around the pitch; it’d be absolutely ruined by loads of people running 100+ laps! Even if the distance around the stadium outer concourse is stretched to around 1K, 42 laps sounds horrendously tedious.

It's outside the stadium, potentially going to be giving runners the option of steps or ramp (ramp will be more than 26.2 miles) and believed to be about 60 laps but will be measured and confirmed before the event

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The real runners will be recovering from Beachy Head, others will do the Amex, the nutters will do both and I'll be recovering from tackling the distance and undulations of Hove Prom Parkrun the day before. I'm expecting a good turnout from you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here