Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Albion v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final planning thread Sat 6th April, 17.30pm

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do you have a link to the Supporter Services' confirmation please...

I emailed them:

“I’m struggling to find a definitive answer to a question and I’m hoping you can help!

I’ve bought seats from the club in block 229, which is the same level as Club Wembley. Club Wembley’s website clearly states that colours can’t be worn in CW.

Are the blocks on level two that have been sold by the club technically part of Club Wembley or not; and can I wear colours in that block?”

Reply:

“...I have been advised that no club colours are permitted in this area...”

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Club colours are now not permitted within any Club Wembley, One Twenty Club and Bobby Moore Club areas, including the following items:

• Any clothing item with club brand on it

Imagine if a well known clothing brand, with a store in Brighton (and all other major towns), happened to have a seagull logo that was effectively IDENTICAL to that on the Albion crest?

Wouldn't THAT be handy?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Imagine if a well known clothing brand, with a store in Brighton (and all other major towns), happened to have a seagull logo that was effectively IDENTICAL to that on the Albion crest?

Wouldn't THAT be handy?

It would indeed. Though I’m not sure that the body-shamers they put on the doors will let people who look like me in! Perhaps I could send my son in to make a purchase?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I emailed them:

“I’m struggling to find a definitive answer to a question and I’m hoping you can help!

I’ve bought seats from the club in block 229, which is the same level as Club Wembley. Club Wembley’s website clearly states that colours can’t be worn in CW.

Are the blocks on level two that have been sold by the club technically part of Club Wembley or not; and can I wear colours in that block?”

Reply:

Thank you G76. Good spot; it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to check that.

That's going to be a real party-poop for thousands of Albion (and City) fans in series 200 seats, especially kids. Absent an official statement from the club I suspect that a huge number of fans will be completely unaware of the rules, and will (reasonably) assume that club colours can be worn in segregated seating areas. Maybe that info will be provided when the tickets arrive?

I am particularly gutted because I have just completed a mega-diet and can once again fit comfortably into my 70s retro Albion shirt (Bukta) which has been safely preserved in a hermetically sealed plastic bag for nigh on 40 years, and which I only found in a box in the loft a couple of weeks ago! Bugger! :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It would indeed. Though I’m not sure that the body-shamers they put on the doors will let people who look like me in! Perhaps I could send my son in to make a purchase?

You'll be fine. They would stock anything in *ahem* 'comfortable' sizes, if they only wanted teenage sticks to wear it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thank you G76. Good spot; it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to check that.

That's going to be a real party-poop for thousands of Albion (and City) fans in series 200 seats, especially kids. Absent an official statement from the club I suspect that a huge number of fans will be completely unaware of the rules, and will (reasonably) assume that club colours can be worn in segregated seating areas. Maybe that info will be provided when the tickets arrive?

I am particularly gutted because I have just completed a mega-diet and can once again fit comfortably into my 70s retro Albion shirt (Bukta) which has been safely preserved in a hermetically sealed plastic bag for nigh on 40 years, and which I only found in a box in the loft a couple of weeks ago! Bugger! :lol:

There’s a tiny part of me that’s still wondering whether the CW seats sold by the club (5 or 6 blocks) will be exempt from the standard CW rules as they’ll be 100% Albion (or City). That’s why I asked the bit about “are they technically CW...?”.

Also, the “...I have been advised...” element of the response isn’t absolutely definitive.

But, it’d be a shame to turn up in a shirt and then have to sit there topless. We’re not from Newcastle after all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As IF you were going to eschew your fitted man-about-town wardrobe, in favour of a baggy nylon football shirt, anyway!

:lolol:

I was planning to wear a classic blue and white bar scarf, but not now. Booooo.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
There’s a tiny part of me that’s still wondering whether the CW seats sold by the club (5 or 6 blocks) will be exempt from the standard CW rules as they’ll be 100% Albion (or City). That’s why I asked the bit about “are they technically CW...?”.

Also, the “...I have been advised...” element of the response isn’t absolutely definitive.

But, it’d be a shame to turn up in a shirt and then have to sit there topless. We’re not from Newcastle after all.

Looking at the stadium plan I think CW is everything in Level 2 - blocks 201 - 252 inclusive, not just the 5/6 purple shaded boxes on the Albion ticket site. I think it covers all grey boxes too, i.e. 52 blocks! I believe Level 2 accommodates 15,000 Albion and City fans, so there will be 7,500 Seagulls not wearing club colours in an FA Cup SF. Tragic. :tantrum:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree. I can understand why they have this policy in the real CW seats as, given they can be sold on, anyone can be sitting next to anyone. But ours are 100% Albion and sold through the club. There’s no need.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looking at the stadium plan I think CW is everything in Level 2 - blocks 201 - 252 inclusive, not just the 5/6 purple shaded boxes on the Albion ticket site. I think it covers all grey boxes too, i.e. 52 blocks! I believe Level 2 accommodates 15,000 Albion and City fans, so there will be 7,500 Seagulls not wearing club colours in an FA Cup SF. Tragic. :tantrum:

The beige tier

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
so there will be 7,500 Seagulls not wearing club colours in an FA Cup SF. Tragic. :tantrum:

No there won’t be as we didn’t have 7,500 tickets to sell only the limited release blocks shown on the plan.

Expect there to be many more who’ve purchased on seat resale sights or been gifted them by CW debenture holders but there won’t be 7,500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I cant recall if Level 1 and Level 5 ticket holders share the same concourse i.e. could we meet before and at half time?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
In response to several posters' (myself included) questions on the SF dress code for Albion fans in "Club Wembley" Level Two (seats in series 200 blocks) I have just received the following feedback from Paul Barber.

Dear David

Thank you for your email.

With regard to your question, the ticket allocation we have on level 2 does not access to Club Wembley as such.

It’s just access to a great seat and to the concourse on this level - so club colours are absolutely fine to wear.

It’s only the hospitality facilities in Club Wembley that do not permit club colours - and we are not selling access to those.

I do hope you enjoy your day out at Wembley - and please feel free to post this reply on social media if it helps other fans with the same query.

Best wishes, Paul

Paul Barber
Chief Executive and Deputy Chairman
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

This is excellent news, which means I can wear my Albion 70s retro shirt after all!

I'm not on social media so if anyone would like to post the above on Twitter or FB for the benefit of other Albion fans please feel free.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably not, but I guess they could hold back more than the number they need in order to allow people to have a reasonable choice in each area. As these people make their choice of preferred view etc, the excess could then be released to the peasants.

You’re correct. Quite a lot of the Club Wembley tickets have just been released.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
One of my sons is flying in from Melbourne for the game, my brother is flying in from San Francisco, and my other two sons and I just have short train journeys to Wembley. A total each way journey between the 5 of us of 16,160 miles.

Return journeys of 32,320 miles. I’m sure there’s someone out there who can beat that family total. I know PBs son is flying in from Vancouver.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Anyone know if there will be an issue with getting into pubs with Albion shirts on? Will it be better further from the stadium or in the allocated pubs?

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
apologies if already posted but do we know what the situation is going to be like at Brighton Station on Saturday morning? will they put a queuing system in place etc?

kevhome2

Jan 20, 2010
We should make sure we're ready to sing some songs that will wind up the City fans. So apart from "Where were you when you were shit?" (not the best as we'll get it back), what songs should we sing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here