Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonathan Pearce BBC commentary

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He is tolerable but no Motty.

I particularly don't like his continuing dropping of facts like...'he scored 12 goals in 2013 season , I think' ....'it reminds me of the 1981 season match when blah de blah scored a hatrick inside 15 minutes,.....I think'.......

TNBA

TTF

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can i also add, this maybe needs its own thread, the Millwall support was completely one sided, not one cheer or clap to anything our players did! This was not mentioned once by JP!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can i also add, this maybe needs its own thread, the Millwall supporter was completely one sided, not one cheer or clap to anything our players did! This was not mentioned once by JP!

He must have mentioned how the millwall crowd responded / got worked up when Albion made mistakes several times .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Really? Both thought the ref was biased towards millwall and poor.

I guess it's just that I watched it at home alone. Normally I'd be in a pub if I was watching a full game and don't get subjected to T.V. commentators in their full glory ...I guess they need to avoid dead air ....

.....and I was feeling quite emotional.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He is tolerable but no Motty.

I particularly don't like his continuing dropping of facts like...'he scored 12 goals in 2013 season , I think' ....'it reminds me of the 1981 season match when blah de blah scored a hatrick inside 15 minutes,.....I think'.......

TNBA

TTF
Motty just used to make it up I prefer I think to Mottys alternative universe. Although he seemed to imply that solly hadnt been given a real first team chance so he was ill informed there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Johnathan Pearce can sometimes put a glass eye to sleep.
But I was quite glad we had an interlude during the commentary, where we were shown a passing train, which was quite nice for those who like that spotter thing.
Well the BBC do cater for most things these days, it'll keep the points of view crowd happy!

I was at the game so have this joy when I watch the recording.
The question on the train is did they just pan the camera around to show it, or did we get the full TMS treatment by talking about the train and its destination, etc.

I too was annoyed by his reference to the dockers. There are plenty of clubs with working class fanbases associated with much more dangerous occupations such as mining, steel making and deep sea fishing. In fact, the Dock Labour Scheme was a cushy jobs-for-life arrangement, where recruitment and dismissals only happened with the agreement of the Unions. It was enshrined in law and needed legislation to dismantle it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was at the game so have this joy when I watch the recording.
The question on the train is did they just pan the camera around to show it, or did we get the full TMS treatment by talking about the train and its destination, etc.

From memory, I think it was the P464592 train, calling at all stations I couldn't give a feck :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Knows us inside out, cover a lot of our game and is always positive about us.

Today, I thought he was restrained with regard to us, but certainly thought there were undercurrents of his fondness for the Albion that he was trying to suppress in order to be neutral. And, of course, the underdog is often the main narrative story in these games.

In short, he's alright by me.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
....Jenas was ****ing terrible as well

I thought Jenas was very good and accurate describing what he saw...
1. He agreed that we should have had a penalty
2. He felt their first goal shouldn’t have been allowed due to the rugby tackle on Muzza
3. He accurately highlighted that we go sideways or backwards too often and we’re too slow breaking forward as a result
4. He rightly pointed out the blatant inconsistency of the ref who was penalising us and letting Millwall get away with the same things
5. He disagreed with the offside decision at the end and our goal should have been allowed (what a finish by Locadia for that one by the way !)

I felt he was spot on throughout

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Knows us inside out, cover a lot of our game and is always positive about us.

Today, I thought he was restrained with regard to us, but certainly thought there were undercurrents of his fondness for the Albion that he was trying to suppress in order to be neutral. And, of course, the underdog is often the main narrative story in these games.

In short, he's alright by me.

Me too.

As I recall his wife is a Palace fan and his kids follow both the Albion and Palace. Sensible kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here