Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oh dear VAR with French officials

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Be fair....you can be a bit particular on occasion. You remind me of Tiny Tackle who, even though only 8 years old, is never short of a corrective admonition when discretion would have been the better part of Valerie Singleton.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit personal.

I was thinking earlier today about starting a thread (with poll) asking who is the finest comedy artiste on NSC. Your name sprang immediately to mind. Along with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. Sniggertastic. :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Load of old bollox , and will be scrapped within 3 years , replaced with efficient full time professional referees and non vision impaired linesman , take away the unpredictability of human error and it will ruin football completely .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then surely it isn't clear and obvious and therefore no action will be taken

That's not whats happening at the moment though is it. From what I've seen of VAR so far, for "clear and obvious", see "marginal and debatable".

Penalty decisions and goals are such MASSIVE gamechangers that this was always, always going to happen. There's no way it will be limited to what could/should be correcting what should be considered clear and obvious errors. I reckon we're in for a shedload of goals being put on hold next season in the PL while VAR checks them out.

Get used to waiting a bit, to see if you can fully celebrate when we score.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's not whats happening at the moment though is it. From what I've seen of VAR so far, for "clear and obvious", see "marginal and debatable".

Penalty decisions and goals are such MASSIVE gamechangers that this was always, always going to happen. There's no way it will be limited to what could/should be correcting what should be considered clear and obvious errors. I reckon we're in for a shedload of goals being put on hold next season in the PL while VAR checks them out.

Get used to waiting a bit, to see if you can fully celebrate when we score.
That didn't happen in the World Cup though. Despite the fact that I thought that VAR would ruin it. It seemed to work pretty well.

I suppose the difference is that the Premier League has Mike Dean. Him plus VAR is a recipe for total disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here