Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Support recently has been a disgrace

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Chris Hughton:

"It's a reflection of where we are. We had a lot of possession in their half but we are not scoring to get that breakthrough and we are putting ourselves under pressure."

"We are on the back of two poor home defeats. We don't have a choice and we have a fight on our hands. This is a proper fight. We have to make sure we turn it round by staying together, digging deep and making ourselves hard to beat."

"It's still in our hands, but it is a difficult feeling because of the result. My job is to lift spirits, give us a chance at the weekend. The players know if we are to stay up we have to pick up results and the only way to do that by showing resilience and quality."

Empty soundbites. We're going down the toilet and unless a fecking great fairy waves a wand or we have a huge stroke of luck, we don't look like scoring or winning a single game for the rest of the season.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Some awful reactions by some of our so called supporters in recent games. Without wanting to name names some of our so called 'super supporters' who appear on radio shows spouting how the club is together are a ****ing disgrace. WSU block H has the supporter front row screaming at plyers after 5 minutes of the game. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of idiots around us but expect more from the more high profile supporters,

Were you at the game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Some awful reactions by some of our so called supporters in recent games. Without wanting to name names some of our so called 'super supporters' who appear on radio shows spouting how the club is together are a ****ing disgrace. WSU block H has the supporter front row screaming at plyers after 5 minutes of the game. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of idiots around us but expect more from the more high profile supporters,

Ashamed to be part of the North for most of tonight & a lot of the last half dozen games. So many desperate for a mistake so they can jump on players they've already decided to. Pathetic

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Really? It's the fans fault is it? Have you actually watched the utter dross served up in our last three home games or have you been spending all your time having a pop at fans critical of such poor performances?

As on Saturday we were loud and gave the team our support. But it soon became apparent that despite our vocal support (and indeed Barber;s somewhat pathetic "rallying call") that the players and the manager weren't up for it.

What was there for us to cheer? And the fans are a disgrace? You need to give your head a really good wobble fella

Have to say, the rallying call worked as far as the people under Paul performed... Straight to the bar, served with a smile back in my seat in about 3 minutes.

Well done.

Just a shame that the football was dross, played by players who didn't care, led by a manager that has lost the plot.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
2 spineless performances at home in the space of 3 days.

1 more relegation place to be filled.

0 goals scored.

7 conceded.

Just looking at the numbers, I'd say that Albion supporters are more than entitled to voice their opinions however they wish.

You mustn't tell the truth just keep blindly supporting them with your fingers in your ears.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
In years to come the fans will still be here, the player won’t. They have every right to show their feelings/ passion. Pity the players didn’t.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Support was very good tonight. Even though the team was poor they still recieved backing till near the end. Boos at half time were harsh, those at full time deserved. Good to see most fans stay past 80 minutes. The players and the manager have questions to answer this evening, not the fans, we played our part.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I struggle to pay my rent each month with a new born baby and last month decided not to cancel my direct debit for my season ticket knowing full well I can’t really afford it. After what I have watched for the past 4 months I feel like I’m well within my right to let the team know just how appalling they have been! An utter shambles and in my lifetime following the Albion Grimsby away was the last time I felt this low. How anyone can defend this utter crap we are being served up week in week out is beyond me!

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Thought tonight’s support in the first 20 mins reflected the team effort i.e. huge effort right around the Amex, with all stands following North’s lead, and ESL even leading a few songs. But, as on Saturday, both team and support massively deflated after conceding first goal. Huge effort to lift team at half-time seemed to fall on deaf ears and it’s hard to keep enthusiasm in the stands going when the performance on the field is so dire....

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Tonights support was as good as it has been all season, so credit to everyone. The team came out with a true intent but were just not good enough and are lacking confidence. I think everyone has run out of ideas and I'm afraid we look doomed. We just got to hope for the best and hope we can find our way to Forest Green.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Stupid ****, we aren’t paid 40k every week, we get bollocked and lose our jobs if we don’t do them well..yet it’s our fault the wankers paid our years wages in a week, yet again don’t do their jobs but still collect their mega pay packet for being shit!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
2 spineless performances at home in the space of 3 days.

1 more relegation place to be filled.

0 goals scored.

7 conceded.

Just looking at the numbers, I'd say that Albion supporters are more than entitled to voice their opinions however they wish.

Absolutely this. In no way shape or form can the fans be blamed for the atmosphere at the moment. Wtf do people expect!? We pay a lot of money and have every right to be pissed off with the complete shambles on the pitch

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Desperate straw clutching to even think that the fans didn’t get behind the team and are somehow to partly to blame for the absolute shite played in the last 3 home games. We raised the roof at corners and we had a few. We didn’t even come close to testing the keeper at any stage and the players took nothing from the support they were getting.

Suggesting the support was poor is way off the mark and totally irrelevant to the way we have been playing and losing.

Jan 30, 2008
we're all human ? LEAVE OUT THE ELITIST CRAP ???
regards
DR

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Happy clapper?

Feel for those for whom attending requires some effort. Gent of senior years next to us apologised to me profusely when he left with around 5' to go. Explained he had a three hour train journey back home to Cambridgeshire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here