Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we get relegated it won’t be a problem we’ll lose most of them.

If we get relegated, it’ll be on a very low points total. Which of our current squad would you think would be of any interest to other PL teams?

Dunk and Propper maybe.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If we get relegated, it’ll be on a very low points total. Which of our current squad would you think would be of any interest to other PL teams?

Dunk and Propper maybe.

If this was last the last day of last season we would have stayed up on goal difference.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If this was last the last day of last season we would have stayed up on goal difference.

True. Although if we do get relegated this year, we’ll probably have won no more than 11-12 points in the second half of this season. Most teams aren’t going to touch our squad with a barge pole with a recent record like that, and who’d blame them?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After his goal at Palace if you had been asked if you'd like to see him go what would you have said? He has a wild side but he isn't Joey Barton. Sometimes he's the only player that can get things going and has done far more good than harm.

I disagree. At this level he’s been frustrating much more than he’s been beneficial.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Absolutely. Those calling for him to go accuse HIM of being too emotional and hot headed. They should follow their own advice, calm down, and reflect.

Knocky is a fantastic, committed and exciting player. And, most importantly, bleeds blue and white.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
True. Although if we do get relegated this year, we’ll probably have won no more than 11-12 points in the second half of this season. Most teams aren’t going to touch our squad with a barge pole with a recent record like that, and who’d blame them?

I think that is partly why I think Hughton time might be nearing an end. Look at the money we have spent on Ali J Izquirdo Locadia. All attacking players and we aren't really attacking anyone; SO they don't get much opportunity to show what they can do.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hope we don't see Knockhaert again this season, and frankly I'm not bothered if we don't see him again full stop. He's not intelligent enough for the PL and is a liability. Very good in the Championship, but was a hot headed idiot then as well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that is partly why I think Hughton time might be nearing an end. Look at the money we have spent on Ali J Izquirdo Locadia. All attacking players and we aren't really attacking anyone; SO they don't get much opportunity to show what they can do.

Izzy was a good signing but clearly not 100% since the World Cup and apparently is to have a further op in the summer. Locadia does seem to have something about him, but he’s clearly not a 15m player and it’s harsh to blame Hughton’s tactics for his lack of impact. Ali J just isn’t very good: a flat track bully, who’ll probably thrive at Championship level. If it wasn’t for injuries to Izzy and March, he’d have struggled to make the match day squad.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Have we all forgotten about Knocky’s article about his problems he was having with mental health? I’m not defending the challenge but who knows what’s going on his life at the moment.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Izzy was a good signing but clearly not 100% since the World Cup and apparently is to have a further op in the summer. Locadia does seem to have something about him, but he’s clearly not a 15m player and it’s harsh to blame Hughton’s tactics for his lack of impact. Ali J just isn’t very good: a flat track bully, who’ll probably thrive at Championship level. If it wasn’t for injuries to Izzy and March, he’d have struggled to make the match day squad.

Your not an Ali J fan then. A journalist who has followed his career said he never plays well in his first season. So rightly or wrongly I think we need to judge after next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The player we have that is most likely to produce a bit of magic (see Palace away)

Probably the best at beating a man one on one we’ve got

Bleeds blue and white, loves the club and often works his socks off

But.......

Decision making is often so poor. Beats a man, then decides he wants to do it again, it’s like watching u12 football at times

Constantly turns into trouble, including when defending

Petulant, stroppy individual much of the time, constantly throwing his arms in the air at colleagues when things aren’t going his way

Makes nowhere near enough decent crosses

Ridiculous challenge yesterday, particularly in that game situation. Could and should have been sent of at Palace in the first 30 seconds too - so that’s twice in no time

Given the way CH totally blanked him when he walked off yesterday, wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him again this season (particularly if by some amazing turn of events we get a result or two while he’s out), and that might in turn lead to him leaving. He’s replaceable.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Your not an Ali J fan then. A journalist who has followed his career said he never plays well in his first season. So rightly or wrongly I think we need to judge after next season.

I was excited about him after watching the vids of him tearing Dutch defenders to pieces - 21 goals in a season is amazing for a winger - and really really wanted him to succeed at this level. He just hasn’t shown anything like potential though. Getting back onto the subject of the thread, Knockaert has stepped up and has been influential in a number of games over the past 2 years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The player we have that is most likely to produce a bit of magic (see Palace away)

Probably the best at beating a man one on one we’ve got

Bleeds blue and white, loves the club and often works his socks off

But.......

Decision making is often so poor. Beats a man, then decides he wants to do it again, it’s like watching u12 football at times

Constantly turns into trouble, including when defending

Petulant, stroppy individual much of the time, constantly throwing his arms in the air at colleagues when things aren’t going his way

Makes nowhere near enough decent crosses

Ridiculous challenge yesterday, particularly in that game situation. Could and should have been sent of at Palace in the first 30 seconds too - so that’s twice in no time

Given the way CH totally blanked him when he walked off yesterday, wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him again this season (particularly if by some amazing turn of events we get a result or two while he’s out), and that might in turn lead to him leaving. He’s replaceable.

He totally blanked him then stated the challenge was reckless in his post match interview.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I was excited about him after watching the vids of him tearing Dutch defenders to pieces - 21 goals in a season is amazing for a winger - and really really wanted him to succeed at this level. He just hasn’t shown anything like potential though. Getting back onto the subject of the thread, Knockaert has stepped up and has been influential in a number of games over the past 2 years.

Knockaert is inconsistent and I suspect it's to do with his personal issues, but I do agree he has done more than Ali J. He needs to be taken to one side and encouraged for his positive side and dealt with about his not so positive side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Knockaert is inconsistent and I suspect it's to do with his personal issues, but I do agree he has done more than Ali J. He needs to be taken to one side and encouraged for his positive side and dealt with about his not so positive side.

I’m sympathetic to his personal issues. But his petulance existed long before this. And in some respects his play isn’t inconsistent; he’s playing exactly the same way as he did in the Championship it’s just that he could beat the 3rd opponent at that level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here