Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Quarter Final - Match 1 - Jaguar v Polar Bear

Who's the hardest?

• Jaguar

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Polar Bear

Votes: 32 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Heartbreak for the Jag. Takes a standing eight count at the start of the final round.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The real difference here, is that unlike many apex predators, the Jaguar hunts and kills OTHER apex predators. There are not many creatures HARD enough to get into a river to hunt Caymen/Alligator/Crocs, and even giant anacondas. Hard.

Promotion is key in the WHC. A good bit of PR and promotion can see any beast power into the later rounds.

The problem for the Jaguar is he doesn't have a core group of highly vocal supporters. He's battling against public perception of him as one of the minor big cats and is unable to get his worth across. It's a real shame as I think with the right support he can go really far and be a big player in this tournament.

It's not helped that he's up against the Polar Bear either. He's a beast that doesn't have too many overy vocal supporters but his basic public image is much more favourable.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A draw

It's a draw. Unbelievable scenes. The Jag showed huge resilience to pull it back at the death. As the bell sounds the two beasts touch gloves in respect.

So. Er... what now? Any former hosters of WHC have any suggestions or do I just make a casting vote like some kind of crap(pier) Bercow?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I reckon you have three choices:

1) A one/two hour run off where people say who they want to win.

2) A brand new one day poll.

3) They both progress to the next round giving us a three beast semi final.

If memory serves I think I went with option three. But I have a terrible memory...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Heartbreak for the Jag. Takes a standing eight count at the start of the final round.

Extra time.

Announce a one hour run off on a new thread at a busy NSC time. Tomorrow morning should be good.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Extra time.

Announce a one hour run off on a new thread at a busy NSC time. Tomorrow morning should be good.

A decent idea but I’ve been told off for weekend ties in the past. I’m also in Brighton this weekend for the Marathon and won’t have access to my WHC “resources”.

Perhaps a 24 hour showdown on Monday/Tuesday?

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems fair.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A decent idea but I’ve been told off for weekend ties in the past. I’m also in Brighton this weekend for the Marathon and won’t have access to my WHC “resources”.

Perhaps a 24 hour showdown on Monday/Tuesday?

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems fair.

Yeah. They'll be plenty on here Monday night. Think we have a game next week. Be fun to see the first 'replay'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here