Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League April 12th and 13th

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thinking positively and further ahead, us finishing above Burnley and Cardiff would mean a million quid or so more for the coffers?

I get your point about league position and money earned... But imo at this stage in our position im more bothered about staying up asap first!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
A draw between them would leave Cardiff still needing a 9 point overhaul over Burnley. That would never happen. How is a draw between them helpful for us?

as icy said earlier;

Burnley have played two more games than us and have you seen their run in? I’d be quite happy with a draw if we can get a win as it will drag them back into the relegation fight with us and maybe Saints and potentially give us another candidate to go down if Cardiff get points in their remaining games.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm obviously on my own here but I'd prefer a Cardiff win tomorrow. It would keep Burnley in the mix and they have a horrendous run-in (and I always prefer two other teams to be fighting it out, one may produce the goods but very rarely do both deliver).

Yes, a Cardiff win would put more pressure on us but, as I see it, we have to win either the Bournemouth or Cardiff games anyway. If we win both, we're safe but 4 points should be enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There us absolutely no bad result for us in the Burnley-Cardiff game. It is win-win-win.

There is a very bad result for us in the Bournemouth game though - let's just hope that we get a long overdue home win against them.

We can then look how the other team results cookie has crumbled.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
There us absolutely no bad result for us in the Burnley-Cardiff game. It is win-win-win.

There is a very bad result for us in the Bournemouth game though - let's just hope that we get a long overdue home win against them.

We can then look how the other team results cookie has crumbled.
I don't agree, a Cardiff win keeps them close enough to us to let them think they have a chance of staying up ahead of playing us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't agree, a Cardiff win keeps them close enough to us to let them think they have a chance of staying up ahead of playing us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But of course in that case Burnley, with a worse GD than us, would really struggle to finish on over 36 points - giving us the home games v Bournemouth, Cardiff and Newcastle as the most likely opportunities to overhaul them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Burnley & Brighton wins please.

Cardiff 8 points behind with 5 games to play.

We beat Cardiff Tuesday

Cardiff 11 points behind with 4 to play = we're safe (and yes I know, not mathematically before someone points that out)

It's got to the point of the season where I really couldn't give a chuff who goes down, as long as it ain't us. I'd prefer it to be Burnley, but can't see Cardiff catching them.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

We beat Cardiff Tuesday

Cardiff 11 points behind with 4 to play = we're safe.

A big fat THIS! A real opportunity for us, two wins regardless of Cardiff's result will really go along way to securing survival. An absolutely huge few days coming up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We beat Cardiff Tuesday

Cardiff 11 points behind with 4 to play = we're safe (and yes I know, not mathematically before someone points that out)

It's got to the point of the season where I really couldn't give a chuff who goes down, as long as it ain't us. I'd prefer it to be Burnley, but can't see Cardiff catching them.
And then we get safety with a draw at Wolves ( the goal difference swing needed would be too much for Cardiff ).

:albion2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We beat Cardiff Tuesday

This 100%.

That would be a disastrous day for Wnkr Warnock and great for us. Almost sealing Wnkr”s fate.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I shall put a fiver on Newcastle, Southampton and Cardiff all to win because none of my bets ever come through and that will guarantee us a good weekend regardless of how we fare against Bournemouth.

You're welcome.

Shouldn’t you include Bournemouth, just to make sure?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I shall put a fiver on Newcastle, Southampton and Cardiff all to win because none of my bets ever come through and that will guarantee us a good weekend regardless of how we fare against Bournemouth.

You're welcome.

Put fiver on Newcastle at 5/1 ..c how that goes before I dabble on the other two

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here