[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre - Chelsea presser

Ali J [hamstring] - “available”

Murray [shoulder] - “he is fine now and has made a full recovery “

Izquierdo [ankle] - still not training apparently . “We hope he will train this morning [Friday]”

Button “it’s good to have him back ahead of next month. We knew his injury would only be a short period of time. We have a good level of [goalkeeping] competition now”

Everyone else available bar Shane Duffy [suspended] - back for Arsenal.

Via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/december/preview-jahanbakhsh-fit-for-chelsea/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre - Chelsea presser

Ali J [hamstring] - “available”

Murray [shoulder] - “he is fine now and has made a full recovery “

Izquierdo [ankle] - still not training apparently . “We hope he will train this morning [Friday]”

Button “it’s good to have him back ahead of next month. We knew his injury would only be a short period of time. We have a good level of [goalkeeping] competition now”

Everyone else available bar Shane Duffy [suspended] - back for Arsenal.

Via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/december/preview-jahanbakhsh-fit-for-chelsea/

Chelsea line up:
Ali J and Izquierdo both fail to make 18. (Ali J - tactical ? Jose - fitness ?)
Steele still favoured instead of Button.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last edited:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The same old crap coming out ' x player is close' blah blah when he's not at all.

Ali J has been close for a couple of weeks now and still not fit to play.
Doubt we'll see Alireza until after the Asian Cup now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The same old crap coming out ' x player is close' blah blah when he's not at all.

Ali J has been close for a couple of weeks now and still not fit to play.
Doubt we'll see Alireza until after the Asian Cup now.

Why can't he just be close to being fit but not quite ready ? Why the conspiracy or assumption that Hughton is lying ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm sure CH isn't lying, but they always err on the 'he's close to returning' side of the estimate - and then there are loads of cases where it drags and drags...

In fact its pretty rare (see this thread) but yes it sometimes happens that players take longer than expected or they are cautious about rushing them back and estimates of their return in the press conferences are missed. .

I think this season out of about 20 or so injuries we're talking only Ali J, Izquierdo (twice). Even long term injuries/returns like Gross, Andone and Propper were pretty much signalled weeks out when they were going to return - and they did.
Everyone else CH has been on the nose. And thats a dozen plus examples.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In fact its pretty rare (see this thread) but yes it sometimes happens that players take longer than expected or they are cautious about rushing them back and estimates of their return in the press conferences are missed. .

I think this season out of about 20 or so injuries we're talking only Ali J, Izquierdo (twice). Even long term injuries/returns like Gross, Andone and Propper were pretty much signalled weeks out when they were going to return - and they did.
Everyone else CH has been on the nose. And thats a dozen plus examples.

Gross was supposed to be a couple of games, it stretched to a couple of months and then they revealed a new injury..

I think that if the medical team say that an injury will be '1-3 months' the club always tell us 'we hope he's back in 1 month' - sometimes the player is back in time and often he isn't. I think they also say 'we expect him back in a couple of weeks' when they mean back to training whereas those of us listening assume it means back to playing.

Certainly I don't think its a myth that players are often out longer than we're initially told.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Certainly I don't think its a myth that players are often out longer than we're initially told.

This season . Its not often. And why on earth its in anyones interest for obfuscation here i do wonder, But all i can find this season is Duffy, Locadia, Murray (twice), Dunk, Bruno, Stephens, Ben White all returned earlier or on time according to CH estimates. (although you'd say that CH is being fuzzy with what he said about them in the first place !!)
With those longer term lay offs Propper, Izquierdo and Andone then again he called it at least a month out. And if they are out longer then that its because they've had a setback in training or recovery. (Gross) it happens.

We certainly are told anyway. Hughton goes into detail about injuries with the press about three times a week. I'm sure its just easier for him to be straight in those interviews. Why on earth would he not ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm sure CH isn't lying, but they always err on the 'he's close to returning' side of the estimate - and then there are loads of cases where it drags and drags...

Anyway if you're convinced otherwise then browse your way back through this thread because there's a record of every press conference/interview this season where CH has commented on injuries. Every single one !
show me some examples where he's obfuscating. - "Loads" of them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gross was supposed to be a couple of games, it stretched to a couple of months and then they revealed a new injury..

I think that if the medical team say that an injury will be '1-3 months' the club always tell us 'we hope he's back in 1 month' - sometimes the player is back in time and often he isn't. I think they also say 'we expect him back in a couple of weeks' when they mean back to training whereas those of us listening assume it means back to playing.

Or shorter in the case of Dunk, Murray...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre Arsenal

Ali j / Izquierdo “only 2 injuries” - no further update. Ali J due to join Iran for Asia Cup today.

Ryan [asia cup] - playing v Arsenal. Not clear after that.

Duffy [suspension] - back for Arsenal

Dunk [1 match suspension] - back for Everton

Via : #bhafc on Twitter , [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]naylorargus

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pre Arsenal

Ali j / Izquierdo “only 2 injuries” - no further update.

Pre-Burnley (8th Dec) Jose was the same as Glenn (who had made a full recovery, and played).
Ali J was unlikely to be risked for the Leicester game on 24th Nov. He was available (apparently) for Chelsea (16th Dec).
Now we’re told they’re still not ready for Arsenal on the 26th.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre-Burnley (8th Dec) Jose was the same as Glenn (who had made a full recovery, and played).
Ali J was unlikely to be risked for the Leicester game on 24th Nov. He was available (apparently) for Chelsea (16th Dec).
Now we’re told they’re still not ready for Arsenal on the 26th.

Happy xmas Trig.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Second izquierdo mystery this season. No sign of him in training photos so guessing he’s out for a few more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here